Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Writing kanji on a touch screen

Writing kanji on a touch screen

AKA Geek talk - discuss technology in general; this may or may not relate to Japanese

Re: Writing kanji on a touch screen

Postby Sairana » Sun 11.08.2009 6:02 pm

血まみれ剣術師 wrote:You may've not had those problems, but many people have confirmed they are. :roll: Computer communities have stated there are bugs in Windows 7 and are relatively minor. Microsoft has released several patches since Windows 7 was released.

You used the word "warning" in bold, with a color change. This calls attention to it as if it's important, and a major issue. You used the words "Most hardware" and "Many software programs".

"high chance of [it] not functioning [properly] (whether minor or major related problems)"

Backpedal quote of the year. "High chance of not functioning" is alarmist. The entire tone of your "warning" was like an anti Windows 7 propaganda pamphlet. Inserting other words and phrases into your original statement as if they were supposed to be implied is pure BS.

You write like a tabloid journalist, and make slimy excuses with the best of em.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Sun 11.08.2009 6:50 pm

You don't know me very well, do you? I don't care what you or anyone else thinks--period. I'm not out to impress anyone... especially some know-it-all smart ### from nowhere. I wrote those sentences differently from what I actually meant to say. It sounded a lot more harsh than I originally intended. Did I stutter? I corrected myself in my previous post... there was no reason for your know-it-all self to make an additional asinine post about my mistake. Understood? :wink:

Sairana wrote:
血まみれ剣術師 wrote:You may've not had those problems, but many people have confirmed they are. :roll: Computer communities have stated there are bugs in Windows 7 and are relatively minor. Microsoft has released several patches since Windows 7 was released.

You used the word "warning" in bold, with a color change. This calls attention to it as if it's important, and a major issue. You used the words "Most hardware" and "Many software programs".

"high chance of [it] not functioning [properly] (whether minor or major related problems)"

Backpedal quote of the year. "High chance of not functioning" is alarmist. The entire tone of your "warning" was like an anti Windows 7 propaganda pamphlet. Inserting other words and phrases into your original statement as if they were supposed to be implied is pure BS.

You write like a tabloid journalist, and make slimy excuses with the best of em.
血まみれ剣術師

Native language: English

Postby two_heads_talking » Mon 11.09.2009 10:49 am

for the windows fans, lets keep it in our pants huh..

my favorite windows commercial ever.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjmVN7mAMwc

each iteration of windows is the end all be all, yet it always has quirkyness related to it. The interesting thing to keep in mind is we all use our computers uniquely and not one of us will have the same exact issues as another.

and someone mentioning that there might be no issues, should be taken as that and nothing more..

sheesh, arguing over the internet about an OS is like standing in quicksand and blaming the person who didn't fall in.. get a grip folks.. relax a bit, and have a nice day..

This message will have none of the mistakes my previous messages had, I promise..
two_heads_talking

Postby Sairana » Mon 11.09.2009 7:06 pm

two_heads_talking wrote:for the windows fans, lets keep it in our pants huh..

My criticism would have been the same if it had been about a Mac OS, and some Windows fiend would have labeled me a Mac fanboy. I'm not particularly a fan of people who try to play up anything into something it isn't. It borders on defamation, and I believe people should make choices based on fact, not half-truths or fiction.

If someone chooses to use a Mac, it should be because they chose to use a Mac, not because someone convinced them that most of their programs and data are just going to get fried or be inaccessible by Windows 7.

I don't even use Windows 7, and I used Macs when I was in college. I use whatever is affordable and can run what I want it to run.

If I've taken anything out of my pants, it's got nothing to do with Windows, but to do with consumer advocacy and a severe dislike for tabloid BS. 'Sokay with you?
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby keatonatron » Tue 11.10.2009 8:53 pm

I'm with Sairana. This is exactly how rumors get started; people think other people on the internet probably know what they're talking about, and are quick to pick up opinions that are presented as fact.

I used to work retail at an electronics store, and I can easily imagine how tough it would be for the employees when someone rolls in saying "I want to buy a new computer... but not one with windows 7 because I heard it will destroy all my data. What, all your PCs have windows 7 on them?? Yes, I know you have macs too, but I can't use a mac plus they're too expensive. Get on the phone and have your manufacturer send over a PC with windows XP specially installed. I won't take no for an answer!!!"

Although, I really do like the quicksand analogy.
keatonatron

Previous

Return to Computers & Technology