Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Someone to practice with...

Someone to practice with...

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Re: Someone to practice with...

Postby jessi » Mon 05.04.2009 5:09 am

Astral Abraxas wrote:Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone would like to practice via email/msn. I've been procrastinating too much lately and need something to apply the stuff I learn to give myself motivation.

Kind of a "study buddy" lol.

I'll PM anyone who responds and is interested with my email address.

okay i will if u are in england
jessi

Postby codyph » Fri 07.24.2009 4:48 am

Is there anyone from the PI who can teach me how to speak and write Japanese? I badly need one...

Thanks...
codyph

Native language: Filipino

Postby Zvono11 » Thu 09.24.2009 10:27 am

I would like to find someone who is learning Japanese too, so we could have someone to practise and improve my Japanese skills with.....

my msn: posejdon11@hotmail.com ...please ADD me, so we coul help each other in learning Japanese....

Arigato....
PSN ID: Zvono

日本の車が大すきです.
Zvono11

Native language: Croatian

Postby lena1819 » Thu 09.24.2009 10:57 pm

same here... new to the site, and beginner Japanese. I'm having issues with word order among other things :) ... pm if interested I have yahoo, msn, aim, and scype
Photobucket
lena1819

Postby Endo » Sat 09.26.2009 5:11 am

Let's study and practise together (even if it's only for motivation!) :D pm me if you'd like
Endo

Native language: Dutch

Postby john2 » Thu 10.29.2009 5:11 am

I’d be willing study with you…, by the way this isn't a necropost because it was on the first page of the forum.—
I’m really bad with coping with stress and I hate talking to people. :lol:
john2

Postby koneko-chan » Sat 11.21.2009 10:48 pm

こにちわ!I'm new here and have been studying Japanese for a while now. I'm fluent in hiragana and pretty fluent in katakana.I get the so's and n's mixed up sometimes(if u know what I mean XP)I also know about a hundred or so kanji, but I really need help with verb conjugation. It seems like I just don't get it. Help would be much appreciated. ^_^
koneko-chan

Native language: English

Postby Sairana » Sun 11.22.2009 12:22 am

koneko-chan wrote:こにちわ

こんにちは

koneko-chan wrote:It seems like I just don't get it. Help would be much appreciated. ^_^

What resources are you using to study Japanese, and what about conjugations confuse you? Examples and specifics help people help you.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby koneko-chan » Sun 11.22.2009 10:38 pm

oops, yeah typed hello wrong. thnx for the correction. ^_^ anyways, what I mean to say is I don't understand what the uses of the verb bases are. I have a learning software called Japanese Word Coach for the Nintendo DS. It covers the basics but doesn't explain when the different conjugations are used. I also looked on the web, but I couldn't quite grasp what they were talking about. sorry, I'm new here and wasn't sure what specifics people wanted.
koneko-chan

Postby becki_kanou » Sun 11.22.2009 11:08 pm

You'll need to be quite a bit more specific than that. Maybe you can start a thread in the grammar section with examples of what you do and don't understand. As it is your question is still too vague.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby kanotakuro » Mon 11.23.2009 12:47 pm

im in japanese class at my high school...im in japanese 2 and 3 this year...im really good...i tutor...i can help w/ beginner stuff
kanotakuro

Postby koneko-chan » Mon 11.23.2009 6:58 pm

ok.
verb conjugation for "taberu"

base 1-tabe
base 2-tabe
base 3-taberu
base 4-tabere
base 5-tabeyou
base te-tabete
base ta-tabeta

this is the type of conjugation I was talking about. I'm having problems understanding the underlying reasons why they are conjugated as such and when they are used. am I still not being specific enough?
koneko-chan

Postby Sairana » Mon 11.23.2009 7:12 pm

koneko-chan wrote:ok.
verb conjugation for "taberu"

base 1-tabe
base 2-tabe
base 3-taberu
base 4-tabere
base 5-tabeyou
base te-tabete
base ta-tabeta

this is the type of conjugation I was talking about. I'm having problems understanding the underlying reasons why they are conjugated as such and when they are used. am I still not being specific enough?

Well... no it's not really any more specific. "why they are conjugated and when they are used" is pretty much most of the Japanese language. You're really asking for pages and pages worth of instruction.

I have My Japanese Coach on the DS, so I know it's not exactly the perfect piece of software to learn Japanese from, but I thought it did a relatively decent job for what it is. Continue on past the "verb bases" lesson; it's just there to give you a reference for the later lessons dealing with verbs. Others will reference "base 1" or whatnot, and will give you more details over time.

If you have specific questions about something MJC told you that you don't understand, let us know.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby chikara » Mon 11.23.2009 9:18 pm

koneko-chan wrote:...... I'm having problems understanding the underlying reasons why they are conjugated as such and when they are used. ......

As Sairana-san posted you are asking for a considerable amount of Japanese grammar to be explained.

Tim Matheson's Japanese Verbs may help you understand the meaning and usage of the different verb conjugations.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby koneko-chan » Tue 11.24.2009 6:33 pm

wow. I didn't reaize how much conjugation there was just for verbs! thankyou all for giving me an understanding and helping out, because I seriously thought there was only a little more to it than just conjugating it that way. Thankyou again.
koneko-chan

PreviousNext

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)