Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Searching for actors/models in the Tokyo area

Searching for actors/models in the Tokyo area

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Searching for actors/models in the Tokyo area

Postby keatonatron » Fri 06.05.2009 2:11 pm

Hello,

As many/some of you know, I work in music video production in Tokyo.

Since I'm a foreigner I must have lots of foreign friends, or so people always think. And I do... just not in Japan. Just today I received a call that went something like this:

Them: "Hey, we're shooting a video and need some foreigners to be in it."
Me: "Sure, I'll be there."
Them: "Great. Oh, and we were hoping you could invite some of your friends too. We need about 10 or so, but we'll take whoever you can bring."
Me: (knowing that I have literally 3 white friends in Tokyo) "Oh, well, I don't know if I can help much, but I'll see what I can do."
Them: "Great! Oh and this is a hip-hop video, so we'd like black people if possible. So maybe if you could invite 7 black friends and 3 white friends? Or whatever!"
Me: (knowing that I've only really talked to two black people in Japan)"Uh-huh... well, like I said, it don't know what I can do but..."
Them: "Great! Oh, and the band isn't very tall, so maybe if you could get some shorter people, like under 160 cm or so, that'd be the best!"

So I called the 3 people I know and of course they couldn't make it on such a short notice. The 7, under-160cm black people are still pending.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I often get requests like this (usually not so specific!), and it'd be great if I actually had people I could call. I'm looking for foreigners living in the Tokyo/Kanagawa/Chiba/Saitama area who are interested in being models and/or extras in music videos (and maybe other stuff?). The gigs are paid of course (although being in music videos should be payment enough!), but they usually come up quite suddenly which is why I would like to get info for a lot of people and/or people with flexible schedules.

If you or anyone you know is interested and fits the criteria (1. looks western or half-western, 2. is within commuting distance of Tokyo, 3. can speak at least near-fluent English or Japanese), please have them contact me! At this point I don't have any specific jobs lined up, but would like to start collecting photos and contact info.

I can be reached via PM or e-mail: my username at gmail.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Now get scouting!
keatonatron

Native language: English

Re: Searching for actors/models in the Tokyo area

Postby fuzzycuffs » Fri 06.05.2009 3:40 pm

If you're still interested in July when I move there, I wouldn't mind, provided I have the time.

I'm half Asian though. Don't have the blonde hair, blue eyed look. But I also don't look full Asian either. I dunno.
fuzzycuffs

Postby keatonatron » Fri 06.05.2009 4:32 pm

As long as you look more western than Asian, it's no problem! Contact me again once you get settled.
keatonatron

Postby parapluie38 » Wed 07.01.2009 9:41 pm

Hi, I'm French, white, under 160cm... Let me know if I can help. Cheers.
parapluie38

Native language: French

Postby mandypandy275 » Wed 12.23.2009 12:04 pm

I would help out if I could, Im puerto rican, and under 160 cm tall hah. Tan skinned. Only porblem is that Im noving to Fukuoka on January, son thast 5 hours away in shinkansen to Tokyo. Hope u can figure something out. Good luck.
mandypandy275

Postby Jay1444 » Mon 02.04.2013 11:25 pm

Hey Keatonatron!

i just moved to Koenji with my wife... I am actively searching for a job, although my limited japanese speaking ability seems to limit me to only teaching English...then i stumbled upon your post for actors..I went to Columbia College Chicago with a plan to get a theater degree..I fell ingloriously short of reaching my degree as it was that ....well....it was college! :) and i was more interested at the time playing in a band and partying, not going to classes. anywho. i am very interested in making connections in japan with fellower westerners.... I have a slew of writings and ideas within the vein of creative arts..just waiting to be capitalized on. with that aside..... I am an anglo saxon of normal stature..(5`8) athletic, good sense of humor, and wanting to get back into the arts. if you still need people for this specific occasion, great! if not, feel free to add me to your roster for future endeavors. thanks for your time.

~Jay Wheeler.
Jay1444

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan