Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - YOSH!!

YOSH!!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

YOSH!!

Postby Naoki » Wed 12.07.2005 9:47 pm

What's up everybody!

I'm an 18 year old college student and live in Toronto Ontario.

I want to learn japanese so damn badly. I can only imagine not having to worry about subtitles and being able to read kanji in mangas.

Hopefully this website will help me attain the goal of mastering the japanese language.

...Maybe even meeting some new friends along the way >__o
Naoki

RE: YOSH!!

Postby mandolin » Wed 12.07.2005 10:31 pm

Hajimemashite, Naoki-san. Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Pleased to meet you! (Second sentence is a formality, means something like "I beg you to look upon me favorably" or something to that effect).

Welcome to TJP!

Start with Hiragana, then Katakana, then it's up to you. I preferred to read about some grammar, then expand my vocabulary and kanji at the same time.

I recommend looking for some textbooks, too, if you're able. There are several for sale at thejapanshop (click "store" in the list on the left). Or your library should be able to help.

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask!

Gambatte kudasai!
(Do your best!)
mandolin

Postby Mariya » Thu 12.08.2005 7:25 am

Konnichiwa, hope you enjoy it here! I know that you'll learn fast if you want to that badly ^_^.

It's impossible NOT to make friends here, visit the chat rooms and just talk around the forums too. You'll fit in great!

Ja, See you around~!
Mariya

Postby Zeo » Thu 12.08.2005 10:53 am

Hello, hello!

And i totally agree with what Mariya said, if you want it so badly you'll learn it in high speed;) And friends is, as mariya also said, almost impossible not to make here;)

Have fun study!

- Zeo
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby Sachi » Thu 12.08.2005 11:06 am

Konnichiwa! Hajimemashite, Naoki-san! Douzo yoroshiku!
(Hello! How do you do, Naoki-san? It's a pleasure to meet you!)

I'm Sachi, and welcome to TJP! I agree with Mariya... you'll make planty of friends here, and everyone is really helpful is you have a question with your studying! If you really want to learn, try doing what mandolin said and try to find a textbook. Not much else to say but good luck!! :D

-Sachi
Sachi

Postby Naoki » Thu 12.08.2005 11:23 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome ^_^

Right now i'm learning Hirigana like Mandolin suggested. It's kinda fun learning all the symbols. It reminds be of the alphabet xD (Damn was that hard to learn x.X)

See you guys around!
Naoki

Postby Sachi » Thu 12.08.2005 11:32 am

Haha! I'm pretty good at Hirigana (ok, I admit... I haven't tried TOO hard with it, even though I've studied for about... 8 months XD) but not so much at Katakana ^^; Kanji isn't too hard for me... but maybe when deciding when to use kun or on is. I like to draw a manga illustration and write a kanji or kanji compound that goes with it. It really helps me remember! For example, I've drawn a pic of two friends with the character "友” (tomo) for friend (with the "dachi" in hirigana).
Sachi

Postby Naoki » Thu 12.08.2005 8:04 pm

A manga illustration eh? >_o

I think I'll stick with my random cartoon sketches that have absolutely no value XD

<.<
>.>

Chapter 3! Woot!
Naoki

Postby hlover100 » Thu 12.08.2005 8:26 pm

Hajimemashite, Naoki-san. Douzo yoroshiku. My nam'es Ai i'm pretty good with Kanji and am very willing to help you in anyway I can.
I do hope you enjoy you're stay at TJP:D
hlover100

Return to Introductions