Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Manga Suggestions

Manga Suggestions

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Manga Suggestions

Postby Serenova1987 » Mon 03.08.2010 8:49 pm

In order to help my Japanese I'm looking for simple manga, like that aimed at children under 5 or 6 years old. I would like something easy to start with.

Any suggestions are welcome, but something with simple, but real, language is appreciated that I could order online in the original Japanese in order to help my language skills.

Thanks in advance!
-Serenova
Serenova1987

Native language: English

Re: Manga Suggestions

Postby leonl » Mon 03.08.2010 10:47 pm

The majority of the responses you will get to this question will be basically this
"Made for kids=/= Good for beginners or Manga=/=Good for beginners" in varying degrees of thoroughness of course. What many will suggest to you is yonkoma, 4 panel manga strips, because they are short, relatively easy to read, and contain more natural vocab. Real manga though it has furigana all over the place is filled with tons of vocab and grammar that are far beyond that of a beginning language student(unfortunately I fall into this category of beginner too) colloquial/informal speech, specialized vocab the list goes on and on. So to some up I would start with the yonkoma or the readers which clay sells if u want to try your hand at reading Japanese.
How sweet life would be if korean in origin were playstation, anime and Wii
http://lang-8.com/92836
leonl

Native language: 英語

Re: Manga Suggestions

Postby Serenova1987 » Mon 03.08.2010 11:14 pm

Thanks for the idea. That's probably a good way to start. Do you have any specific series you suggest or simply just look for those?
Serenova1987

Native language: English

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions