Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese by Living Language

Japanese by Living Language

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Japanese by Living Language

Postby Tazzy » Tue 03.09.2010 11:14 pm

Okay, so I bought the Living Language beginner book, and it gives me a lot of helpful information, but I just want to know how up-to-date the words are and if it's really reliable. There are some English typographical errors and I just want to know if there are any Japanese grammatical errors...? Does anyone know~?
Tazzy

Native language: English

Re: Japanese by Living Language

Postby phreadom » Thu 03.11.2010 2:55 am

Is this the book you're talking about?

http://www.randomhouse.com/livinglangua ... 1400020195

I got that as a gift several years ago (the package with the coursebook, dictionary, and cd(s)), and I honestly don't much remember how the content was... I kind of poked through it for awhile but it didn't really grab my attention. I didn't really get excited about a coursebook until I found Genki. :)

I might try having another look through that old Living Language book just to refresh my memory... :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: Japanese by Living Language

Postby Tazzy » Thu 03.18.2010 1:48 am

Yes, I think so. If that is it, then the cover's been update since then. Probably revised too.

Anyways, I only bought the book. It's been helpful, but what with all the ENGLISH grammatical errors, I was just wondering if there were many JAPANESE errors too...
Tazzy

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips