Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kanji I don't know. Help

Kanji I don't know. Help

Do you have a translation question?

Kanji I don't know. Help

Postby Yaminogame » Thu 03.11.2010 1:40 pm

So this is what someone wrote on my cosplay cure account.

良牙カッコイイ

ツバサ、ナルト、デジモンとかスゴイ
アメリカでもマンガ、アニメ人気があるんですね


日本に来たことがありますか?

ぜひ日本に来てください

So I got "Ryoga (____)
Tsubasa, Naruto, Digimon __ (what is toka?) cool
America but manga, anime (Kanji I don't know) people there.

Japan has (kanji I don't know) things there?

Please come to Japan. I would like it."

Or something like that?
Yaminogame
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 03.04.2010 7:46 pm
Native language: English

Re: Kanji I don't know. Help

Postby Sairana » Thu 03.11.2010 3:51 pm

かっこいい = look cool/neat/awesome/what-have-you
とか = and the like, and so on
でも = In this context, it's the particles で and も, with the meaning of "also in", instead of "but"
人気 = popular
来る = くる = come

Try it again?
Sairana
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed 02.27.2008 11:54 pm
Native language: (US) English
Gender: Female

Re: Kanji I don't know. Help

Postby Yaminogame » Thu 03.11.2010 10:39 pm

Sairana wrote:かっこいい = look cool/neat/awesome/what-have-you
とか = and the like, and so on
でも = In this context, it's the particles で and も, with the meaning of "also in", instead of "but"
人気 = popular
来る = くる = come

Try it again?


Cool Ryoga (costume).

Tsubasa, Naruto, Digimon, etc are cool.
Anime and manga is popular there in a America too.

There are things that Come to Japan? * confused on this sentence structure*

I would like it if you came to Japan.
Yaminogame
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 03.04.2010 7:46 pm
Native language: English

Re: Kanji I don't know. Help

Postby chikara » Thu 03.11.2010 11:29 pm

Yaminogame wrote:.... Anime and manga is popular there in a America too. ....

アメリカでもマンガ、アニメ人気があるんです

The Explanatory "んです"

Yaminogame wrote:.... There are things that Come to Japan? * confused on this sentence structure* .....

日本に来たことがありますか?

[Do you] have the thing of came to Japan?, ie have you been to Japan?
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
User avatar
chikara
 
Posts: 3576
Joined: Tue 07.11.2006 10:48 pm
Location: Australia (SA)
Native language: English (Australian)
Gender: Male

Re: Kanji I don't know. Help

Postby Yaminogame » Fri 03.12.2010 2:26 am

chikara wrote:
Yaminogame wrote:.... Anime and manga is popular there in a America too. ....

アメリカでもマンガ、アニメ人気があるんです

The Explanatory "んです"

Yaminogame wrote:.... There are things that Come to Japan? * confused on this sentence structure* .....

日本に来たことがありますか?

[Do you] have the thing of came to Japan?, ie have you been to Japan?


Explanatory んです I have learned. I just haven't seen it applied much out of someone asking a question with it and replying with it.

Ah! Thank you! I haven't seen that second structure yet.
Yaminogame
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 03.04.2010 7:46 pm
Native language: English


Return to Translation Questions or Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron