Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese The Spoken Language -book

Japanese The Spoken Language -book

Have a Question about some Grammar point? Share it with the world!

Japanese The Spoken Language -book

Postby EricSC » Sun 03.21.2010 2:17 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post this but hey it's a "problem".

Some months ago I bought this book, "Japanese The Spoken Language Part 1" used. It arrived in what I thought was great condition. Today I just discovered page 344 has black pen marks covering EVERY single word on the page. I can't read one word on that page! After that I thoroughly checked the entire book and 344 is the only problem page.

Anybody that has "Japanese The Spoken Language Part 1" could you at least please tell me whats on page 344? Or if you're in a really kind mood, could you scan that one single page for me?

Thanks
EricSC

Native language: English

Re: Japanese The Spoken Language -book

Postby coco » Wed 03.24.2010 1:10 am

EricSC wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster.

Welcome to TJP forums. :)

Some months ago I bought this book, "Japanese The Spoken Language Part 1" used. It arrived in what I thought was great condition. Today I just discovered page 344 has black pen marks covering EVERY single word on the page. I can't read one word on that page!

I'm sorry about that. :(

Anybody that has "Japanese The Spoken Language Part 1" could you at least please tell me whats on page 344? Or if you're in a really kind mood, could you scan that one single page for me?

I was wondering if there is anyone who kindly scan that page for you.
If you scan and upload the page, I think some of us might be able to decipher at least some words.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby Ben Bullock » Sun 03.28.2010 1:00 am

coco wrote:I was wondering if there is anyone who kindly scan that page for you.
If you scan and upload the page, I think some of us might be able to decipher at least some words.

This is an all-romaji textbook though, so I don't think it's a question of Japanese reading skills.

Google books is often the answer for these problems, but they don't seem to have a preview of that book.
Ben Bullock

Postby Pork Chop » Sun 03.28.2010 1:13 am

I butchered Japanese the Spoken Language vol 1 and Japanese the Written Language vol 1 back in my freshman year of college; I cut out each page and put them all in a binder for quick reference.
Unfortunately I can't find that binder now.
If it somehow manages to turn up I'll gladly post the info on this thread.

Meanwhile, on my book case I can only find JSL vol 2 and JWL vol 2.
Last edited by Pork Chop on Sun 03.28.2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pork Chop

Postby Sairana » Sun 03.28.2010 12:45 pm

Ben Bullock wrote:Google books is often the answer for these problems, but they don't seem to have a preview of that book.

Don't forget to check your local library, too. Not as convenient as Google, but still. ^_^
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby EricSC » Mon 03.29.2010 1:33 am

Yeah, the pen ink is totally covering the words. I don't think a scan would do any good.

Yep, page 344 is not on google books or even amazon.com's preview. Amazon.com let's me preview almost every other random page except page 344 :(

I think it might be on amazon.co.uk, but I've never purchased anything from the amazon.co.uk site so I'm not sure.

Unfortunately my local library sucks and doesn't have this book series. It's like Universe doesn't want me to see page 344 for some reason. lol

I'm mainly using JTSL as a secondary grammar reference, so I don't think I'll miss much by not having that page. But still, it would've been nice to at least read what was on that page. Oh well.
EricSC

Postby furrykef » Mon 03.29.2010 2:13 pm

Perhaps years from now you'll finally stumble upon a copy of page 344 and find that it had nothing of value on it whatsoever. :P
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Return to Grammar Questions and Problems