Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Online Japanese resources

Online Japanese resources

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Online Japanese resources

Postby oruchimaru » Mon 05.03.2010 12:36 pm

Does anyone know of any good websites for learning kanji? Something similar to kanagrams would be amazing. I love learning Japanese but I find learning kanji exhausting and something that would make it more fun would be ace.

Cheers,
Thomas
oruchimaru

Native language: English

Re: Online Japanese resources

Postby Kenitai » Wed 05.12.2010 8:52 am

www.readthekanji.com is extremely addictive and effective if you wish to learn the 'reading' part of Kanji. Believe me, it's awesome.

Only problem is, the webapp is having some difficulties... Well, only for some European countries, it seems.
The most addictive and effective way, to read & learn Kanji... Visit Readthekanji.com
Kenitai

Native language: Dutch

Re: Online Japanese resources

Postby Snowflake » Fri 05.21.2010 6:31 pm

Kenitai-さん, did you ever get things straightened out with your access to Read the Kanji? I signed up with them based on your recommendation and I have to agree with you -- it's highly addictive! I'm learning, drilling, reinforcing and, best of all, having fun learning kanji! It has an added benefit of improving my Japanese typing speed. I haven't been at it long enough to know how effective it will be long-term, but so far it seems to be working for me. It is not my only kanji learning resource (I'm approaching my studies from a variety of sources) but it is definitely one of my most favorites.

I wish it had audio, though. Would be nice to hear the words to reinforce my pronunciation.

In any event, I cross my fingers that you've regained access to that site. Thank you for suggesting it!

**edited to add a missing word
Snowflake

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips