Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - What's your favourite anime?

What's your favourite anime?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Re: What's your favourite anime?

Postby phreadom » Sat 12.26.2009 11:17 am

Dominikku wrote:Ghost in the shell is one anime I want to see, but all of the titles confuse the hell out of me, Could someone make a short list of Chronologic order to watch them in? I've been wanting to get into it for a while now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_t ... ime_series

Pretty straight forward. ;) The "movie" comes first... but deviates a bit from the old manga...

Best to just watch Stand Alone Complex, and then the SAC 2nd Gig series.

Chronology
The films and TV series are set in alternate universes, with the original Ghost in the Shell film taking place in 2029, and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence in 2032. The anime series, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG, are set in the years 2030 and 2032, respectively. The third film, Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. Solid State Society, which follows up on many of the events that ended the second season, occurs two years after said events, based on comments made by characters in the film, which would place Solid State Society in the year 2034.

That should let you know where the other movies fit in as well.

Enjoy!
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Dominikku » Sat 12.26.2009 12:04 pm

Ah, Thanks dude!

I'm gonna get them sometime soon, pretty sweet deals on them atm with the sales n' all!

I wanna get hold of the novels too, I love reading XD

- D
Dominikku

Native language: English

Postby Sairana » Thu 03.11.2010 4:00 pm

kendricktamis wrote:I love anime and manga as well

-Bleach
-Shakugan no Shana
-Tsubasa Chronicle
-Naruto
-InuYasha

These are my favorite.
I recommend u to watch them all.

kendricktamis wrote:I don't like Naruto or Inuyasha or crap like that, but i do like the old school super violent anime such as Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

permit me a "bwahahahaha" at your expense. The young person's need to pretend to like (or not to like) certain things in different social contexts is something I will never understand. I didn't do it when I was a kid, and found all my peers to be utterly silly for doing it themselves.
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby Adam94 » Mon 03.15.2010 7:30 am

Adam94

Native language: Japanese

Postby JX » Fri 03.19.2010 1:28 am

My favorite anime's are Samuri Champloo, Kanokon, Deathnote, Jigoku Shoujo, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo and some a few others :D
JX

Postby » Wed 04.07.2010 12:54 pm

Only Yesterday, Maison Ikkoku, Future Boy Conan, and mainly stuff from the 70s, 80s and early 90s are my favorites. Mainly just the nostalgia factor.

I have a few favorite animes

Postby straughn21 » Sun 05.30.2010 4:27 pm

Naruto was good, but a litle long
Rosario + Vampire was fantastic but a little short
Ouran High School Host Cub brought a smile to my face, tears to my eyes, and carried my emotions every ther way. I say this was one of the best, but only 1 season long (26 episodes)
Inuyasha was good, even if it was kinda long. I just never get tired of watching it.
There are proly more, but I'm kinda lazy to remember lol :3 Arigato
straughn21

Re: I have a few favorite animes

Postby phreadom » Sun 05.30.2010 6:17 pm

straughn21 wrote:Naruto was good, but a litle long

Was? :P It's still going. :D (And is probably my favorite on-going anime.)

I read the manga and watch the anime both as they somewhat complement each other... with the manga covering some things not covered in the anime, and telling the story long before you get to see it on the anime... and because the anime, aside from some rather trivial filler also covers things not seen in the manga, like the back-story and death of the 6 tails jinchuuriki etc. :D
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby pmt7ar » Sun 05.30.2010 6:28 pm

I have tons of favourite anime. I watch a lot of series, even if I don't like it so much I watch them to the end to see if something better happens. Series like Kanokon or Rosario+Vampire are entertaining but not my type; they are boring and ordinary.

The ones I like and would watch again (i.e. favourites) are titles like: Lain, Meitantei Conan, Fullmetal Alchemist (both), Bakemonogatari, Sakura CC, .hack// SIGN/Roots/Liminality, School Rumble, Tsubasa Crhonicles, Beck, REC, Shana, Haruhi, Eureka Seven, Lovely Complex, xxxHolic, Ergo Proxy, Death Note, Bokura ga Ita, Lucky Star, Video Girl AI, DNA2, Ah Megamisama (the old OVAs), Shin Seiki Evangelion, Elfen Lied, Birdy the Mighty (the old OVAs), Ranma ni bun no iti, Fushigi no umi no Nadia, Full Metal Panic!, Bisyoujo sensi Sailor Moon, Code Geass, Marmalade Boy, Karesi Kanojo no Jijou (only first half), D.Gray Man (skipping trash episodes), and EVE no jikan.
And several movies too, specially Ghibli's, Evangelion, Paprika, Gin'iro, Byousoku, Millenium Actress and the likes....

Tried to choose the fewer from my anime list ^^u
pmt7ar

Native language: Español

Postby phreadom » Sun 05.30.2010 6:56 pm

pmt7ar wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist (only the first so far... I haven't started Brotherhood yet), Ergo Proxy, Full Metal Panic! (an old one! I have this on Laser Disc! haha), Ghibli's, Evangelion (I have all these on DVD but sadly haven't watched them yet! :( ), Paprika, Byousoku...

Those are the one's you listed that I've also seen (or have)... and I like all of them (that I've seen). :)

I really need to dig into Evangelion one of these days... a major classic.

Of course AKIRA is up at the top of my list... and some others like RomeoXJuliet, Blood+, Rideback, Black Lagoon, etc...
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Postby Flik » Wed 06.02.2010 12:55 am

I like Ranma 1/2 and Maisen Ikkoku the most. For some reason, I prefer cartoons (not just anime) from the 80s and 90s.
Flik

Postby weslley112 » Wed 08.04.2010 8:40 am

my favorite are

one piece
naruto
beyblade
weslley112

Native language: Na

Postby GenuineWicked » Sun 08.08.2010 6:32 pm

Ooh, this is easy!

Definitely Fruits Basket and Vampire Knight!! I really like OHSHC and The Wallflower as well. ^^

And my favorite movies are Ponyo and Ghost in the Shell. :dance:
GenuineWicked

Postby Minami Sayuri » Wed 09.08.2010 10:52 am

My favorite anime are :
- Jigoku Shoujo
- K-ON!
- InuYasha
- Pandora Hearts

For now ^^
Minami Sayuri