Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Places to go out to in Tokyo

Places to go out to in Tokyo

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture

Places to go out to in Tokyo

Postby doubleedgesword » Fri 06.11.2010 5:40 am

I am a 20 year old Australian guy who was wondering where to go out to in Tokyo?? Last time I went I stayed with a friend who is a local and he brought me out but this time i will be on my own. Roppongi is the obvious choice but I have read its quite a dirty place where obnoxious westerners and seedy people in general go out to! please help!!!!
doubleedgesword

Native language: english

Re: Places to go out to in Tokyo

Postby chikara » Fri 06.11.2010 6:56 am

What do you specifically want to do when you go out in Tokyo?

If Roppongi is not to your taste maybe try Shibuya.

I could make some further suggestions but when I was a 20 year old Australian guy flares were in fashion the first time around (yes, I'm still a guy (bloke) and I'm still Australian :P ) so we may have very different expectations of a night out. :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Re: Places to go out to in Tokyo

Postby doubleedgesword » Fri 06.11.2010 7:32 am

lol no worries mate I dont underestimate the wisdom that comes with old age. I dont really want to go out to night clubs that much but at the same time I'm not really wanting to go to a sports bar. I like places that dont break the bank and also I enjoy somewhere where you can sit and relax. a bit vague i know.
doubleedgesword

Native language: english

Return to Culture and Info about living in Japan