Places to go out to in Tokyo

Post questions and answers about living or visiting Japan or the culture
doubleedgesword
Native language: english

Places to go out to in Tokyo

Post by doubleedgesword » Fri 06.11.2010 5:40 am

I am a 20 year old Australian guy who was wondering where to go out to in Tokyo?? Last time I went I stayed with a friend who is a local and he brought me out but this time i will be on my own. Roppongi is the obvious choice but I have read its quite a dirty place where obnoxious westerners and seedy people in general go out to! please help!!!!

chikara
Native language: English (Australian)

Re: Places to go out to in Tokyo

Post by chikara » Fri 06.11.2010 6:56 am

What do you specifically want to do when you go out in Tokyo?

If Roppongi is not to your taste maybe try Shibuya.

I could make some further suggestions but when I was a 20 year old Australian guy flares were in fashion the first time around (yes, I'm still a guy (bloke) and I'm still Australian :P ) so we may have very different expectations of a night out. :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there

doubleedgesword
Native language: english

Re: Places to go out to in Tokyo

Post by doubleedgesword » Fri 06.11.2010 7:32 am

lol no worries mate I dont underestimate the wisdom that comes with old age. I dont really want to go out to night clubs that much but at the same time I'm not really wanting to go to a sports bar. I like places that dont break the bank and also I enjoy somewhere where you can sit and relax. a bit vague i know.