Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Good luck today!

Good luck today!

The test - experiences, questions or comments

Re: Good luck today!

Postby katafei » Tue 07.06.2010 6:16 am

How did you do, Sharon?
I heard there were quite some changes in esp the listening test.
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby Endo » Tue 07.06.2010 10:22 am

Did you take the test too Katafei? If yes, which one and how did it go?
Endo

Native language: Dutch

Postby katafei » Fri 07.09.2010 2:47 pm

No, Endo, I didn't take it this summer, but will be taking it in New York this winter....yeay 8)
katafei

Native language: Dutch; Female

Postby sharon-ra » Sat 07.10.2010 10:43 pm

Yeah so I took Level 2. I have been studying about a year now for the test and what not. I honestly had the most problems with the 語彙 section.. :blush: the last two sections kind of killed me. It's called like 用法. That part gave me trouble because I didn't know a couple of the words and I panicked a bit...and if you fail a section now, you fail the whole test so I gotta keep my fingers crossed.

However, for the most part the rest of it felt like the old test. They said Level 2 would stay around the same difficulty but I felt the reading was kind of in between Level 1 and 2 if that makes sense. I could still understand the passages for the most part however.

If we're going to talk about listening section..I literally took out my mamori's after the first part of the test was done and prayed to the gods lol - Afterward the listening section started and it wasn't hard at all to be completely honest but that can differ from person to person.

If you're asking about what's new. Just the part where they say like おはようございます then they give you 3 things to choose from and you pick the most appropriate (contextual) response. Not hard at all - I started laughing on some of them. Some of the responses were just insane to pick lol. Not hard at all. The last section requires you to listen closely and answer two questions about a like 6-7 min long conversation. Not too difficult since they let you write notes and what not.

So while this test might have been rough for me with vocab - maybe it wasn't for other people obviously or even the next test probably won't be as hard or it might be harder so. Should probably get another person's opinion. Maybe someone else on here took it?

I am not confident that I did exceedingly well but at least this time around I found something else I need to work on. VOCAB! This is where I start busting out Kanji in Context and have at it. 8) Good luck with your studies dude. :colonthree:
sharon-ra

Previous

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test