Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Book recommendations business/敬語 Japanese?

Book recommendations business/敬語 Japanese?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Book recommendations business/敬語 Japanese?

Postby Endo » Thu 07.01.2010 11:03 am

Hi, I'm looking for good recommendations on Japanese books. Specifically business Japanese and 敬語 Japanese. I already browsed Amazon Japan, but there are quite a number of books and I don't know which are good. Anyone knows some good books they can definitely recommend? Thanks! :)
Endo

Native language: Dutch

Re: Book recommendations business/敬語 Japanese?

Postby Endo » Tue 07.06.2010 10:23 am

No one...? :cry:
Endo

Native language: Dutch

Postby NileCat » Tue 07.06.2010 10:55 am

誰もいないようなので・・・
もし、日本語の本をお探しなのでしたら・・・

えーと、Endoさん、ズバリ、レベルによります。
アマゾンで「ビジネス・敬語」で検索すると246点ヒットします。
つまり、日本人にもビジネス敬語はとても難しいのです。
そして、あまりにも難しいため、いろいろな「簡単です!」という売り文句の本が出版されています。「HTMLの解説本」や「C言語の解説本」と同じです。初級レベルでは、大きな違いはありません。
基礎的な「一般常識」は、ほとんど共通しています。
ある意味、どの本でも同じです。似たようなものです。

まずは、どれでも1冊ためしに買ってみられるとよいでしょう。
その上で、「もっとこういうことが知りたい」「もっとこういうシチュエーションでの使い方が知りたい」という考えに至ったとき、次の1冊を選ぶことをおすすめします。

。。。
ビジネスといってもいろいろあります。
たとえば以下は、ある意味とても「ネイティブっぽい」企画プレゼンのビジネス的言い回しです。Endoさんの勉強の目標がこういったものであるのかどうかで、「次の一冊」としておすすめする本は大きく変わってくるでしょう。

では今回の企画の概要について手短にご説明させていただきます。まずはお手元の企画案Aをご覧下さい。このA案は、与件としていただいております「接客におけるマニュアル化の弊害を低減する店頭販売員の教育体制強化策」に対して、私どもがひとつの即効性のある解決策となり得ると考えるところのご提案です。2ページ目をご覧ください。このグラフは「丁寧に過ぎるマニュアル敬語は、逆に顧客に対して不信感を与えている」ことを示すアンケート結果をまとめたものです。。。。

Excuse me.
I deliberately used complicated "business-ish" wordy sentences. (The text above is that I made up in three minutes.There could be some mistakes.)
Do you want to study this kind of style? Obviously that requires JLPT-1 level. But if you just want to know the basic "common sense" in many business occasions in general, I think any of the Amazon books will do.
Please feel free to ask more.
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Postby baskerville » Thu 04.25.2013 2:39 am

This thread is quite old but I figured I can post my suggestion as this might still help someone. :)

I have the same problem and someone suggested that I use しごとの日本語. This is a set of 4 books: one for office mail, IT related, customer service. I forgot the last one. :blush: You can get the entire set or just individual books, depending on your needs. I suppose you can easily look this up on Amazon. I am getting 3 books for myself.
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...
baskerville

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips