Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - basic hiragana corrections?

basic hiragana corrections?

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

basic hiragana corrections?

Postby Anjinsan » Mon 08.16.2010 1:21 pm

Hello I recently started self-teaching myself hiragana through this site and others online. This has been very helpful so far. I was wondering if you guys could correct my hiragana and give me some pointers on how to improve.

I posted two pictures so that you have a better idea of what I do consistently.
Thanks!
Anjinsan

Native language: English

Re: basic hiragana corrections?

Postby NileCat » Mon 08.16.2010 1:57 pm

Good work, Anjinsan!

The first thing I noticed is 「え」 I'm afraid it looks like ah..「うん」 Please check it with your text.
The second thing is 「ね」「れ」「わ」. Take a look at the text and see the strokes, the length and crossing point. Those three seem to me like having a room to improve.
Except for them, your writing seems very good.

Go ahead! :)
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Postby Anjinsan » Mon 08.16.2010 3:30 pm

Thanks for taking a look NileCat, it's very helpful! I will work on my え and ね, れ, わ. I wouldn't have known what to look for.

Now I'm going to try to learn some vocabulary and basic grammar. Thanks again! :up:
Anjinsan

Native language: English

Postby micahcowan » Mon 11.08.2010 2:28 pm

To me, the little jot on な looked a tad too vertical.

Regarding the え: I learned to write my kana via the "Let's Learn ~gana!" books. I recently started dabbling in them again with my daughter, to get her interested in Japanese, and I was surprised to see that the え there looks remarkably similar to the one Anjinsan wrote. I wonder if that's the text Anjinsan has been using?

I still find plenty of reason to recommend "Let's Learn Hiragana!", but with perhaps that caveat. I haven't noticed any other "funky" characters.
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Postby tuber97 » Thu 11.11.2010 10:54 pm

Looks good! One little suggestion (really picky): Hiragana and Katakana chart things like that typically are done right to left instead of left to right, but it's not a big deal. Could we also see you ん though? Good job! :)
お前の魂をいただくよ。
tuber97

Native language: English (US) 米語

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)