Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Shameless bragging

Shameless bragging

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Shameless bragging

Postby The Lady Ashuko » Fri 08.13.2010 10:17 pm

So, yesterday I had the dreaded "Placement Exam+meeting with the head of the Japanese Dept." and despite a whole summer of neglecting my studies (I did practice, just not study--I had planned to study a little every night but never really did) I did better than I could have even hoped! I always freak out about Japanese PTs (this is my second) and was surprised when I found the test *easy.* Even though I was confident in my answers, I can't say I wasn't shocked when he gave me my results--start at 3rd semester, 2nd half. I still can't believe it! :mrgreen:

After a brief period of relief of getting the test behind me and doing well, I'm back to freaking out. I'm scared I'll be in a little over my head...

And because I just noticed him and he's cute: :colonthree:
吾輩は猫である。名前はまだ無い。
The Lady Ashuko

Native language: English

Re: Shameless bragging

Postby Snowflake » Sat 08.14.2010 12:02 am

すばらしい!! :dance: That has to be a great confidence booster! And as far as him being cute... :D
Snowflake

Postby The Lady Ashuko » Tue 08.17.2010 1:56 am

ありがとう!Yes, that does make me feel a lot better about my decision to major in Japanese, definitely. :D Moving to a strange place in the middle of the ocean in preparation to move to a larger strange place in the middle of an ocean... Makes sense, right?
吾輩は猫である。名前はまだ無い。
The Lady Ashuko

Postby chikara » Tue 08.17.2010 11:16 pm

The Lady Ashuko wrote:..... Moving to a strange place in the middle of the ocean in preparation to move to a larger strange place in the middle of an ocean... Makes sense, right?

I was born and have lived the majority of my life in a strange, to many, place in the middle of the ocean, well actually surrounded by a few oceans/seas, but it didn't really help that much when I went to Japan. :)

がんばって
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby The Lady Ashuko » Wed 08.18.2010 4:16 pm

It was a joke. :mrgreen:
吾輩は猫である。名前はまだ無い。
The Lady Ashuko

Return to General off topic