Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - はじめまして!

はじめまして!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

はじめまして!

Postby フラブル » Mon 08.30.2010 4:20 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm フラブル (a self-made "Japanisation" of my regular nickname, Flabber).
I'm a Belgian male adolescent, living in the province of Antwerp, Flanders. My interests are literature, music, film and of course Eastern culture, in particular Japan, China and Korea.

A few years ago, I came across this anime, せれい の もろびと, got a little addicted and watched several episodes a day (I tried to keep it reasonable xD). This anime featured a lot of references to Japanese culture and I easily got intrigued. I'd always been interested in culture, but the seemingly entire different world Japan appeared to be, triggered a passion that still stands today. I'm trying to learn some Japanese bit by bit in my spare time. I don't think I'll really master the language this way, but at this moment, there aren't any classes I can take anywhere nearby, so in expectation of evening classes or something similar which I'll most probably take in the future, I try to get the hang of the basics on my own. Also, it gives me an excuse to think I'm doing something productive when I'm watching anime.

Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute something to this community!
フラブル

Native language: Dutch

Re: はじめまして!

Postby Snowflake » Mon 08.30.2010 10:46 pm

Hi there, フラブル. Glad you're here!

フラブル wrote:...Also, it gives me an excuse to think I'm doing something productive when I'm watching anime...

Sounds good to me. Enjoy!
Snowflake

Native language: English

Postby phreadom » Mon 08.30.2010 11:43 pm

Welcome フラブルさん! :)

I started with anime and manga, but eventually made the move to J-dorama. (Japanese tv dramas etc) I still watch Naruto Shippuuden every week and read the manga every week (along with a few others), but for the most part I watch Japanese TV dramas now. :)

Good luck with your studies!
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby chikara » Tue 08.31.2010 12:11 am

TJPへようこそ  :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby becki_kanou » Tue 08.31.2010 5:34 am

Hello and Welcome! Good luck in your studies! And don't be afraid to ask lots of questions! :mrgreen:
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby フラブル » Tue 08.31.2010 7:38 am

Thaks for your answers :)

I was wondering, phraedom, which J-dorama are your favourites?
And do you know the name of a series with two sisters, of whom one is dying and the storyline kind of follows their lives until she dies? I've heard of it somewhere and am curious about it, but forgot the name.
フラブル

Native language: Dutch

Postby phreadom » Tue 08.31.2010 8:20 am

Hrm... I suppose it depends on which genres you'd be interested in. For instance one of my favorites is Yasashii Jikan, but people might find it too serious or emotional.

Let's see... some of my favorites... I've marked my very favorite ones with :love:, but the rest are all ones I liked. They're all good and worth watching in my opinion, but they very greatly from romance to mystery to medical dramas to "slice of life" etc. (I've watched a lot of them) ;)

At Home Dad
Binbo Danshi
Bloody Monday
Code Blue :love:
Densha Otoko
Dr.Koto Shinryoujo :love:
Dragon Zakura
Egao no Hosoku
Engine
Futatsu no Spica
Galileo :love:
Gokusen
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Haikei, Chichiue-sama
Hana Yori Dango (I had a very hard time getting into this series right at first, but once I did I was hooked and couldn't stop watching)
Hanazakari no kimi tachi e
Home Drama
Iryu
JIN :love:
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Kikenna Aneki
Konkatsu!
Last Christmas
Mop Girl
MR.BRAIN :love:
My Boss My Hero
Nobuta wo Produce
Nodame Cantabile :love:
Okane ga Nai!
Orange Days
Osen
Otomen
Puzzle
Q.E.D. :love:
Ruri no Shima :love:
Shibatora
Shimokita (warning: adult content)
Shiroi Haru :love:
Teru Teru Ashita (the first J-drama I ever watched! :D )
Yasashii Jikan :love:
Zettai Kareshi

The one you describe sounds a little familiar, but it doesn't bring to mind any that I've seen that I can remember. :think:

You should be able to Google for any of these and get a description of them. :) You'll have to decide for yourself which ones sound interesting to you.

(You might catch on that I'm a huge ABE Hiroshi fan too. :mrgreen: hehe!)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Return to Introductions