Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 買い物に行きます!

買い物に行きます!

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

買い物に行きます!

Postby ZetaFox » Sun 09.05.2010 4:52 pm

Please note that this is my second time composing anything larger than a couple of sentences. There will be loads of mistakes. But that's why I'm here with it :mrgreen:. Please tell me what you think and any corrections will be kindly appreciated!

昨日、お父さんは牛乳が欲しいから店へ買いに行くとぼくに頼みました。その小さいボロボロな店にあまり行きたくなかったけど出かけました。
確か、20分後店に到着しました。驚きましたよ!その古い汚いビルがピカピカになりました。しかも,大きい!まるで別なビルになった。僕の意識を深い念から取り戻したときに店に入りました。
店の外が大したことだと言ったけど内もすごくきれい。来週までのしょくざいを集めてながら、まわりをよく観測しました。そして、そとが真っ黒になりました。
家に戻ったとき、お父さんは怒ったそう顔をしてったんだ。「お前が牛乳のため店へ行ったのにこの中で牛乳がないなんて情けないな。店に戻って行きなさい。」と言ってしまった。いやああだ!
ZetaFox

Native language: English

Re: 買い物に行きます!

Postby NileCat » Mon 09.06.2010 1:08 pm

Good work!
Meaning-wise, 98% were comprehensible.

1. style
You'd better to avoid the mixture of
~です,~ます and ~なった, ~たんだ

2. usage of the verb なる/なっている
「ピカピカになる」 present tense
「ピカピカになった」past tense
「ピカピカになっている」present tense
「ピカピカになっていた」past tense

なる means the action
なっている means the condition

「まるで別のビルになっていました」would be preferable.

3.僕の意識を深い念から取り戻したときに
In many RPG, the characters use this kind of expression. It would sound natural if you are a hero in a fantastic game world. But if you use it in the real world, it would sound like..."are you kidding me?" JFYI.

4. 集めてながら
is wrong. It should be 集めながら.

5. 観測しました
This word is used as a technical term. Like...an astronomer observes the nova...
観察しました would be better.

6. 怒ったそう顔をしてったんだ
怒ったような顔を/怒った顔を/怒ったみたいな顔を
してたんだ/していました

There are a couple of other minor unnatural expressions though, it's very well done, I think.

I'll give it a try in a different style. Note that ~た and ~たんだ is interchangeable in any case.
This is only a sample. Hope it helps.

昨日、お父さんが「牛乳が欲しいから店に買いに行きなさい」とぼくに言ったんだ。その店は小さくてボロボロなのであまり行きたくなかったけど、仕方なく出かけたんだ。
確か20分くらいで店に着いた。驚いたよ! その古くて汚いビルはピカピカになっていたんだ。しかも、大きくなって! まるで別のビルになっていた。ぼくは気を取り直すと店の中に入った。
店の外側がたいしたことになってたと言ったけど、内側もすごくきれいになっていたんだ。一週間分の食材を買い物しながら、ぼくはまわりをよく観察した。そのうちに、外が真っ暗になった。
家に帰ると、お父さんは怒った顔をしていた。「お前は牛乳を買いに行ったのに、忘れてくるなんて情けないな。もう一度店に行ってきなさい」なんて言うんだ。いやああだ!
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Re: 買い物に行きます!

Postby ZetaFox » Mon 09.06.2010 6:21 pm

NileCat wrote:5. 観測しました
This word is used as a technical term. Like...an astronomer observes the nova...
観察しました would be better.

I try to avoid using the dictionary as much as I can so that I can use words I know, as this is usually what happens when I do use one :doh:.

Thank you very much for taking time to put in such a detailed response. I will take careful note of everything you said, and practice as much as I can. It's the least I can do for people who are kind enough to help out. Much appreciated!

本当にありがとございます :D
ZetaFox

Native language: English

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)