Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - はじめましてとよろしくおねがいします!

はじめましてとよろしくおねがいします!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

はじめましてとよろしくおねがいします!

Postby meridesu » Thu 09.16.2010 3:30 pm

こんいちは!メリーです。シアトルーからです。 25歳と女です。
Hi! I'm Mary! (and yes, I know some textbooks put my name as メアリー and not メリー, but it's just as good to me!). I am from Seattle. I am 25 years old and a lady.

I have studied Japanese off and on for the past couple years, but have only seriously been studying the past month or so. I studied German in high school. I even spent 5 months in Germany in my junior year of High School. However, I also had a slight interest in Japanese (which was taught in my high school, but I went for the least popular, romaji language).

My interest stems from manga *かああああああ :blush: * but because of it, I grew a large appreciation for Japanese culture and language. In the past couple years, I've grown a love for Japanese dramas (as well as Korean and Taiwanese dramas!) and for J-Pop (particularly KAT-TUN, but I enjoy a few others too! I want to listen to more j-pop). My favorite drama is Gokusen (hence where I learned about KAT-TUN and consequently CARTOON KAT-TUN).

友達になりたい!I would love to make friends with people here and learn Japanese together. I'm a "super" beginner, because I'm not really a beginner but I'm not really intermediate. :D

:wave:
メリーです!
meridesu

Native language: English

Re: はじめましてとよろしくおねがいします!

Postby Adriano » Thu 09.16.2010 5:31 pm

Hi Mary-san!
Welcome to TJP! :)
Actually your name is one of the first foreign names learned in mandarin language books too (玛丽-Mǎ​lì​), along with John (约翰-Yuē​hàn​) and Martin (马丁-Mǎ​dīng​).
was this information really relevant?↑ :sweatdrop:
Anyway, TJPへようこそ!
Adriano

Skype chat: adrianojapan2008
Native language: Portuguese

Postby Hai-San » Thu 09.16.2010 6:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Mary! Well iam a beginner to, and i gotta say that this forum really is great! :D

Btw if you want to start from scratch, then you have to check out "Tae Kims", its a guide that teaches you Japanese. Again im a beginner, but many recommends the guide..
(To find it just google it xD )

Oh and, dont forget to join our chat every now and then! :D

/ Hai-San :ninja:
Love making distance-friendships, chat n talk... Just add me on your friendslist! =)
Hai-San

Native language: Swedish/Turkish

Postby becki_kanou » Fri 09.17.2010 8:50 am

Hello and Welcome to TJP.

Good luck in your studies and I hope you'll enjoy the site and the forums! :D
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Return to Introductions