Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - おはよう!

おはよう!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

おはよう!

Postby JapanCrazy » Wed 10.27.2010 8:02 am

Good morning everyone! I woke up at like, 3 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to post my introduction on here. :)
So as my screen name suggests, I'm absolutely crazy in love with Japan. Anime just started not being enough for me, you know. X) I refer to myself as a Japan Addict, and I need to go on a binge every now and then. Learning japanese is a very good way of doing that. :D

You can call me Fern, and I live on a hill with my dad in Los Angeles on the beach. Fantastic view. All the windows facing the city and the ocean are like big-screen TVs. :D Sometimes I go up on the roof (roof deck), and do a Titanic of sorts, standing next to the wall that keeps me from falling off the roof of the house, and gaze wistfully over the Pacific ocean as the salty winds ruffle my hair, knowing that Japan is just on the other side of the ocean. <3 Really kind of romantic in a sense, and ultra corny. XD

I'm really psyched to have found this site, and able to register, because I'm studying japanese on my own using the Genki series (1 at the moment), and since I'm doing this own my own, pair work often weighs me down a bit, and I don't have- pardon me- didn't have anyone to ask those little questions like: "I'm trying to conjugate the verb あう, what the heck does the う turn into?" XD Of course, I have a japanese friend on facebook who can answer little things like that for me, but she's really busy all the time, so she usually isn't able to get back to me until after I've done some intensive research and hopefully figured it out myself. :/ Which isn't as reassuring. Even with that way of being able to help me, she still can't help me with the pair work (which I hopefully hope I can find help for on here), because she's completely out of the loop, and doesn't exactly understand what I'm needing to learn and how she can help because she doesn't know the material. Completely adorable though. :D

So, yeah. I think that's everything. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you feel like I've missed anything out. :D

じゃあまた!
My bloodline isn't important. What is, is the history of my soul.
JapanCrazy

Native language: English

Re: おはよう!

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Wed 10.27.2010 9:45 am

Welcome to TJP! We look forward to having you here. :D
血まみれ剣術師

Postby phreadom » Wed 10.27.2010 10:05 am

Welcome to TJP! :) Those kinds of questions are exactly what we're here to try to help with. :)

(The view from your home does indeed sound beautiful by the way.) :mrgreen:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby JapanCrazy » Wed 10.27.2010 10:41 am

ありがとう Pheadomさん、血まみれ剣術師さん!:D
My bloodline isn't important. What is, is the history of my soul.
JapanCrazy

Postby phreadom » Wed 10.27.2010 10:51 am

By the way, I saw that you popped onto the chat.... but really the Lounge is the only room we all hang out in, so you should drop in there. :) We can discuss Genki, vocab, grammar, etc... (at least to the level of ability of those present in the chat at the time) ;)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Dustin » Wed 10.27.2010 12:25 pm

TJPへようこそ

Welcome to TJP

Enjoy your stay :D
Dustin

Postby chikara » Wed 10.27.2010 7:06 pm

TJPへようこそ :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Introductions