basic hiragana corrections?

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese
Anjinsan
Native language: English

basic hiragana corrections?

Post by Anjinsan » Mon 08.16.2010 1:21 pm

Hello I recently started self-teaching myself hiragana through this site and others online. This has been very helpful so far. I was wondering if you guys could correct my hiragana and give me some pointers on how to improve.

I posted two pictures so that you have a better idea of what I do consistently.
Thanks!

NileCat
Native language: Japanese

Re: basic hiragana corrections?

Post by NileCat » Mon 08.16.2010 1:57 pm

Good work, Anjinsan!

The first thing I noticed is 「え」 I'm afraid it looks like ah..「うん」 Please check it with your text.
The second thing is 「ね」「れ」「わ」. Take a look at the text and see the strokes, the length and crossing point. Those three seem to me like having a room to improve.
Except for them, your writing seems very good.

Go ahead! :)

Anjinsan
Native language: English

Post by Anjinsan » Mon 08.16.2010 3:30 pm

Thanks for taking a look NileCat, it's very helpful! I will work on my え and ね, れ, わ. I wouldn't have known what to look for.

Now I'm going to try to learn some vocabulary and basic grammar. Thanks again! :up:

micahcowan
Native language: US English/米語

Post by micahcowan » Mon 11.08.2010 2:28 pm

To me, the little jot on な looked a tad too vertical.

Regarding the え: I learned to write my kana via the "Let's Learn ~gana!" books. I recently started dabbling in them again with my daughter, to get her interested in Japanese, and I was surprised to see that the え there looks remarkably similar to the one Anjinsan wrote. I wonder if that's the text Anjinsan has been using?

I still find plenty of reason to recommend "Let's Learn Hiragana!", but with perhaps that caveat. I haven't noticed any other "funky" characters.

tuber97
Native language: English (US) 米語

Post by tuber97 » Thu 11.11.2010 10:54 pm

Looks good! One little suggestion (really picky): Hiragana and Katakana chart things like that typically are done right to left instead of left to right, but it's not a big deal. Could we also see you ん though? Good job! :)
お前の魂をいただくよ。