Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - -kereba?

-kereba?

Have a Question about some Grammar point? Share it with the world!

-kereba?

Postby awesomemantm2000 » Tue 11.16.2010 3:04 am

I already posted a question about the fictional ending -kere.I learned 2 things from the post.I learned about the particle FAQ , and about the ending -kereba.That made me research , and I already posted a question about 3 of the particles , and now I need to know about that ending!Japanese is an awesome,fun,yet complex and time consuming,in a fun way!Thank you for all of your help so far.Whenever I need a question to be answered I have great Japanese speakers by my side. :D .Can anybody help me with the ending -kereba?
awesomemantm2000

Native language: English

Re: -kereba?

Postby chikara » Tue 11.16.2010 8:50 am

You can read about the verb conjugation -kereba (~takereba, ~nakereba) and many others in Tim Matheson's Japanese Verbs.

Are you following some structure in your Japanese study or just randomly chasing down what ever word or grammar point pops up?
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby awesomemantm2000 » Wed 11.17.2010 8:59 pm

Thanks for the advise.Im actually following a structure.I learned most of what I know from takineko"s youtube Japanese lessons , and now I'm focusing on particles.
awesomemantm2000

Native language: English

Postby chikara » Wed 11.17.2010 9:46 pm

What lesson are you up to?

Looking at a couple of those lessons they take a very different approach to teaching verb conjugation to how I was taught and what Tim Matheson's Japanese Verbs uses. They appear to teach the ~masu stem as the verb. For example in lesson 17 Vocabulary;

ake - open
shime - close
shi - do (a verb)
yomi - read

You will find it a bit difficult looking up the meaning of verbs in a dictionary if you don't know the dictionary form.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Grammar Questions and Problems