Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Newbie enlisted!

Newbie enlisted!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Re: Newbie enlisted!

Postby ConraDargo » Fri 11.19.2010 8:11 pm

v10japan wrote:Welcome! Where'd you order Yotsuba&? I've been trying to get ahold of the first one in the series for a while.

eBay! The only place where everything is available ;) I make like 80% of my purchases (gadgets, books, games, music etc but not any types of food, naturally) from there.

Also, I'd recommend you get the Genki textbook. I've tried almost every textbook, and I've found Genki to be the best overall.

Are these the books I'm looking for (geeky reference intended) or are you talking about something else?
ConraDargo

Native language: Swedish

Postby phreadom » Fri 11.19.2010 8:30 pm

ConraDargo wrote:
Also, I'd recommend you get the Genki textbook. I've tried almost every textbook, and I've found Genki to be the best overall.

Are these the books I'm looking for (geeky reference intended) or are you talking about something else?

Those are the ones! :mrgreen: (And from the right place too! As Clay owns both TJS and TJP, so sales there help keep this site up and running free for everyone.) :dance:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby v10japan » Fri 11.19.2010 8:32 pm

ConraDargo wrote:Are these the books I'm looking for (geeky reference intended) or are you talking about something else?

Yes, those are the ones. I'd recommend only getting the Genki 1 textbook though. You don't need the workbook or CD's.
v10japan

Native language: English

Postby phreadom » Fri 11.19.2010 8:33 pm

v10japan wrote:Yes, those are the ones. I'd recommend only getting the Genki 1 textbook though. You don't need the workbook or CD's.

The answer key also comes in very handy and covers both Genki I and II.
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby ConraDargo » Sat 11.20.2010 10:23 am

v10japan wrote:Yes, those are the ones. I'd recommend only getting the Genki 1 textbook though. You don't need the workbook or CD's.

phreadom wrote:The answer key also comes in very handy and covers both Genki I and II.

Looks like a great book, I'll be sure to pick it up asap - together with the answer key :) At The Japan Shop, naturally ;)

Thanks a lot for your help! I feel truly welcome here :colonthree:
ConraDargo

Native language: Swedish

Previous

Return to Introductions