Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kanon 2006 ending "kazo no tadoritsuku basho"

Kanon 2006 ending "kazo no tadoritsuku basho"

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Kanon 2006 ending "kazo no tadoritsuku basho"

Postby Joey 鷹 Vega » Wed 11.10.2010 7:33 pm

Since I have been trying to look for the lyrics for English translation of this very good Japanese song from Kanon 2006 (ending) but no luck of finding it, even on Animelyrics.com. I've decided to give a try by using Google translator and it sounds like it gave me good results, (I hope and hope that I put it in correct position of the kanji lyrics :neutral: ). So here's the lyrics in Kanji and in English translation of Kazo no tadori tsusuku basho. I apoligize that I didn't get the Romaji lyrics for it :( .

Kanji Lyrics:
足下に風 光が舞った
日常にだけ積もったぶんの奇跡が
見上げれば雲 遠くへの帰路
幼い日の自分よりも早く

雪解けを待っていた子供のように
走る 光る滴 飛び跳ねてる
明日の出会いさえ 気づかずにいる
季節たちの中で輝いているよ

世界中には どんな想いも叶う日がくる
ずっとお旅をしてゆく僕らに
小さな精たち舞い降りる
出会った場所も緑をなして

ゆるやかにも流れる時に委ねて
遙かに仰ぐ町並みの路地
幼い日の自分がまだ駆ける
あの遊歩道から聞こえくる
木々の声や日々のざわめきに似た

奇跡の足音に気づいたら
こんなにまた強くなれるふたりだね
世界中溢れる想いに 風が向いてる
ずっとこんあことを繰り返してさよならのない旅をする

世界中には どんあ想いも叶う日がくる
ずっと旅をしてゆく僕らに小さな精たち舞い降りる

English lyrics
Light wind danced at his feet
Sentence only accumulated daily miracle
I looked up the way back to the distant clouds
Faster than his childhood

Like a child waiting for a thaw
I'm running lights bouncing drops
Even unaware of the meeting tomorrow
I'm shining in their season

The world can come true feelings any day
We traveled with our long slide into
Our little spirit alight
Not a place to meet green

Even when left to flow slowly
The city streets are much seek
Running Through my childhood is still
That sounds coming from the boardwalk
Similar to the buzz of voices and the trees every day

If you notice the footsteps of a miracle
You're so two become stronger and
I'm full of feelings toward the world the wind
Not to travel there today that repeated long goodbye

The world can come true feelings there dull day
We concentrate our alight goes a little far to travel
「鷹の魂は消えないで空の中に永遠に生きる。」 "A Hawk's spirit never dies, for it lives on forever in the sky"
-Joey Vega
Joey 鷹 Vega

Native language: Spanish

Re: Kanon 2006 ending "kazo no tadoritsuku basho"

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Tue 11.23.2010 9:15 pm

From what I understand you're asking a question or favor? Next time state your question more openly so I don't have to guess. lol Don't take offense to that. I am not qualified to make a clear translation of the lyrics. :? lol
血まみれ剣術師

Native language: English

Postby chikara » Wed 11.24.2010 8:19 pm

Joey 鷹 Vega wrote:.... I've decided to give a try by using Google translator and it sounds like it gave me good results ....

In my best Yoda voice, "Google Translate like sounds" :P

If that translation sounds like it gave you good results your spoken English must be very strange indeed. :mrgreen:

Just looking at the first verse this line is a real corker;
"Sentence only accumulated daily miracle" :shock:

Joey 鷹 Vega wrote:....
足下に風 光が舞った
日常にだけ積もったぶんの奇跡が
見上げれば雲 遠くへの帰路
Light wind danced at his feet
Sentence only accumulated daily miracle
I looked up the way back to the distant clouds

Light 光 does not mean not heavy or not strong so 風光 (ふうこう) is not light wind. It actually means beautiful scenery or natural beauty. That line is probably, "Wind at my feet, the lights danced".

While ぶん can be "sentence" 文 it can also be "part" 分. ぶんの奇跡 would be "part of a miracle/wonder/marvel". It is not a daily miracle, that would be 日常の奇跡 using the words from that line. The に following 日常 indicates that daily is the frequency with which the action, accumulates 積もった, occurs.

見上げれば is the provisional form of 見上げる so it is not "I looked up" but more "if I can look up". 見上げれば雲 therefore has a meaning along the lines of "if [I] can look up [I will see] clouds" so the clouds are there but I am not actually looking at them so in English we would probably say "there are clouds overhead". [noun_1]への[noun_2] means that [noun_2] is "to" or "for" [noun_1] so 遠くへの帰路 means "the way back is to a distant place" or more naturally "it's a long way back/home".

Song lyrics are difficult to translate because they are loose with grammar and Google Translate is never going to cut it. :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Hyperworm » Wed 11.24.2010 9:16 pm

chikara wrote:
Joey 鷹 Vega wrote:.... I've decided to give a try by using Google translator and it sounds like it gave me good results ....
If that translation sounds like it gave you good results your spoken English must be very strange indeed. :mrgreen:
I get the feeling that the prevalence of meaningless translations for meaningful songs (boosted by the existence of genuinely meaningless songs), has made these kinds of translations "entirely normal and acceptable" to the majority of English-speaking fans of Japanese music. It's quite saddening. ._.

chikara wrote:見上げれば is the provisional form of 見上げる so it is not "I looked up" but more "if I can look up".
上がれば・上げれば are intransitive/transitive, not normal/potential, right? ^^; Delete that "can" :D
fun translation snippets | need something translated?
BTC@1KMZXgoWiDshQis5Z7feCx8jaiP4QAB2ks
Hyperworm

Native language: English

Postby chikara » Wed 11.24.2010 9:43 pm

Hyperworm wrote:
chikara wrote:見上げれば is the provisional form of 見上げる so it is not "I looked up" but more "if I can look up".

上がれば・上げれば are intransitive/transitive, not normal/potential, right? ^^; Delete that "can" :D

:blush:

Thanks for the correction. I got "provisional" and "potential" mixed up. :doh:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Japanese Movies and Music