NihonDrill

AKA Geek talk - discuss technology in general; this may or may not relate to Japanese
Post Reply
tc-
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue 01.11.2011 1:24 pm
Native language: Swedish

NihonDrill

Post by tc- » Tue 01.11.2011 1:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a "game" for practising Hiragana and Katakana as well as some vocabulary. It's still in an early development stage but already fully functional. The graphical design needs some work though :)

Here are some screenshots and dowload:
https://github.com/tc-/NihonDrill/wiki

It would be nice to get some feedback and maybe some new ideas! I'm very new to Japanese so any corrections would be welcome as well ;)

/ TC

User avatar
phreadom
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun 01.29.2006 8:43 pm
Native language: U.S. English (米語)
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: NihonDrill

Post by phreadom » Tue 01.11.2011 3:32 pm

It's a neat little application. :) I look forward to seeing more of it.
猿も木から落ちる

tc-
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue 01.11.2011 1:24 pm
Native language: Swedish

Re: NihonDrill

Post by tc- » Tue 01.11.2011 4:34 pm

Btw. I'm using the sound files from http://thejapanesepage.com/beginners/hiragana in the game, I put a link back to TJP in the Credits、それはじゅうぶんですか

User avatar
phreadom
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun 01.29.2006 8:43 pm
Native language: U.S. English (米語)
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: NihonDrill

Post by phreadom » Tue 01.11.2011 9:47 pm

tc- wrote:Btw. I'm using the sound files from http://thejapanesepage.com/beginners/hiragana in the game, I put a link back to TJP in the Credits、それはじゅうぶんですか
I think that's something you should ask Clay about (you may have already?). Those were recorded by his wife for this site. They're not available for such use that I'm aware of without permission. If you already asked, cool. :)

(I thought they sounded familiar...) ;)
猿も木から落ちる

User avatar
clay
Site Admin
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri 01.21.2005 9:39 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: NihonDrill

Post by clay » Wed 01.12.2011 8:33 am

Thanks Justin for the heads up, but he does have permission.

The sound file he is using (http://thejapanesepage.com/beginners/hiragana) is available for anyone to use for any purpose. Unfortunately, the quality is low, but if it can be useful to someone, have at it!
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone

User avatar
phreadom
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun 01.29.2006 8:43 pm
Native language: U.S. English (米語)
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: NihonDrill

Post by phreadom » Wed 01.12.2011 11:30 am

clay wrote:Thanks Justin for the heads up, but he does have permission.

The sound file he is using (http://thejapanesepage.com/beginners/hiragana) is available for anyone to use for any purpose. Unfortunately, the quality is low, but if it can be useful to someone, have at it!
Doh! I should have looked more thoroughly before speaking. :sweatdrop:

ごめんなさい!  :pray:
猿も木から落ちる

tc-
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue 01.11.2011 1:24 pm
Native language: Swedish

Re: NihonDrill

Post by tc- » Wed 01.12.2011 12:33 pm

phreadom wrote:
clay wrote:Thanks Justin for the heads up, but he does have permission.

The sound file he is using (http://thejapanesepage.com/beginners/hiragana) is available for anyone to use for any purpose. Unfortunately, the quality is low, but if it can be useful to someone, have at it!
Doh! I should have looked more thoroughly before speaking. :sweatdrop:

ごめんなさい!  :pray:
なんでもない

But it is good practice to ask before using and I'm sorry about not doing that before making a release.

User avatar
Ongakuka
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon 09.26.2005 1:07 pm

Re: NihonDrill

Post by Ongakuka » Wed 01.12.2011 1:52 pm

I'm very new to Japanese so any corrections would be welcome as well
the expression なんでもない is usually used in reference to what you yourself have said, rather than what the 相手 (other party) has said.

For example, なんでもない話をしてごめんなさい (when someon apologizes for talking about something that they now view as rather meaningless.)


Instead I would suggest something like いいえ、大丈夫です。
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ

tc-
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue 01.11.2011 1:24 pm
Native language: Swedish

Re: NihonDrill

Post by tc- » Wed 01.12.2011 2:39 pm

Ongakuka wrote:
I'm very new to Japanese so any corrections would be welcome as well
the expression なんでもない is usually used in reference to what you yourself have said, rather than what the 相手 (other party) has said.

For example, なんでもない話をしてごめんなさい (when someon apologizes for talking about something that they now view as rather meaningless.)


Instead I would suggest something like いいえ、大丈夫です。
はい、ありがとう :)

When I said that I meant corrections for stuff in the application, but it's very appreciated :bow:

Post Reply