Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello there everyone.

Hello there everyone.

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello there everyone.

Postby goddard19 » Thu 02.17.2011 9:03 pm

Hello all, I'm goddard19. I've come to this site to...well, learn Japanese. :P

I've always been interested in Japanese culture. It's art styles, media, landscaping, all of it. Recently I've become especially interested in Japan, and I've decided to learn Japanese as a third language (Spanish being second).

Actually this isn't the first time I've tried to learn it. I got an app on the Ipod called "iStart Japanese" about a month ago. I thought it was helpful, but I wanted to see if there were better ways to learn Japanese, and eventually I found this site. I've signed up and took some Hiragana lessons, and they've really paid off. While I know both the Hiragana and Katakana for about half of the letters, and they do give animated pictures to show how to draw them, this is the first time I learned how to write the words in Hiragana. They do have additional words, but they only show you how to spell it in Romaji or Kanji. So I think I'll stay here and learn Japanese this way.

I guess it would be fair to give a hello to the community, so here I am now! :D
goddard19

Native language: English

Re: Hello there everyone.

Postby chikara » Thu 02.17.2011 9:32 pm

TJPへようこそ  :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Re: Hello there everyone.

Postby ss » Thu 02.17.2011 9:53 pm

Hello and welcome!
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Return to Introductions