neat

Japanese, general discussion on the language
richvh
Posts: 6480
Joined: Thu 09.29.2005 10:35 pm
Contact:

Re: neat

Post by richvh » Fri 09.05.2008 1:49 pm

what was the point of this thread anyways? it looks like the first post got deleted in addition to the necropost
I think it was just a test post by Clay when he was setting up the forums originally.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語

User avatar
clay
Site Admin
Posts: 2812
Joined: Fri 01.21.2005 9:39 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: neat

Post by clay » Sat 09.06.2008 5:55 am

richvh wrote:
what was the point of this thread anyways? it looks like the first post got deleted in addition to the necropost
I think it was just a test post by Clay when he was setting up the forums originally.
Yep. Wow. Now this is a flashback.

I had just setup the site's first CMS with a forum. It was a very 'neat' moment. :lol:
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone

User avatar
phreadom
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun 01.29.2006 8:43 pm
Native language: U.S. English (米語)
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: neat

Post by phreadom » Sun 04.03.2011 11:22 pm

clay wrote:neat
Well, since Chikara seemed to think that a necropost on another thread was a new TJP record...
chikara wrote:14 Feb 2008 -> 03 Apr 2011

This could be a new TJP record. :P
I thought I'd go for broke... ;)

21 Jan 2005 -> 03 Apr 2001

That's well over 6 years, and a quote of the very first post on this forum. :D p1 to p169662. :D

A 6+ year necropost 169,661 posts later. :D

Weeee! :dance:

(Now I know that technically this is only a 2.5 year necropost from the most recent post in this thread... but hey... it's the thought that counts. :D A little nostalgia for fun. ;) heh)
猿も木から落ちる

User avatar
chikara
Posts: 3577
Joined: Tue 07.11.2006 10:48 pm
Native language: English (Australian)
Gender: Male
Location: Australia (SA)
Contact:

Re: neat

Post by chikara » Mon 04.04.2011 12:10 am

phreadom wrote:...... I know that technically this is only a 2.5 year necropost from the most recent post in this thread... ....
Nice try but no cigar. :P

This thread had only been inactive since 06 Sep 2008. :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there

User avatar
Mariya
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue 07.05.2005 6:56 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: neat

Post by Mariya » Tue 04.05.2011 5:53 pm

phreadom wrote:
clay wrote:neat
Well, since Chikara seemed to think that a necropost on another thread was a new TJP record...
chikara wrote:14 Feb 2008 -> 03 Apr 2011

This could be a new TJP record. :P
I thought I'd go for broke... ;)

21 Jan 2005 -> 03 Apr 2001

That's well over 6 years, and a quote of the very first post on this forum. :D p1 to p169662. :D

A 6+ year necropost 169,661 posts later. :D

Weeee! :dance:

(Now I know that technically this is only a 2.5 year necropost from the most recent post in this thread... but hey... it's the thought that counts. :D A little nostalgia for fun. ;) heh)

Haha how did you get all those stats?! Dont tell me you figured them yourself?! :shock: :D

User avatar
chikara
Posts: 3577
Joined: Tue 07.11.2006 10:48 pm
Native language: English (Australian)
Gender: Male
Location: Australia (SA)
Contact:

Re: neat

Post by chikara » Tue 04.05.2011 9:57 pm

Mariya wrote:Haha how did you get all those stats?! Dont tell me you figured them yourself?! :shock: :D
Well he is the site admin.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there

User avatar
phreadom
Site Admin
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun 01.29.2006 8:43 pm
Native language: U.S. English (米語)
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: neat

Post by phreadom » Wed 04.06.2011 12:23 am

The end of the URL to each post includes the post number. :) No special access needed for the maths. Just look at the address that links to the post and look at the date on the post. :)

thejapanesepage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1&p=169712&hilit=#p169712

I did however use my special admin powers to track down the post in the first place. ;)
猿も木から落ちる

Post Reply