Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - はいさい!

はいさい!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

はいさい!

Postby Budmas » Tue 04.05.2011 7:12 pm

Haisai Everyone! I'm new to the forums. I grew up on Okinawa (dad was military) and I've missed it since we left, over 20 years ago. I try to study as much Japanese as I can. I found your page surfing for some more lessons. I still remember how to read most of the Hiragana and Katakana. Since I've left Okinawa, my Japanese has become almost extinct, so I decided I needed to brush up on it again. I hope to one day return to Okinawa and live there. Can't wait to start learning again!
Buddy
バデイー
Budmas

Native language: English

Re: はいさい!

Postby Mariya » Tue 04.05.2011 7:21 pm

Hi and welcome! Its quite rare for us to see someone who grew up in Japan looking to learn the language! Haha its really cool. Are you a native Japanese, if you dont mind me asking? Anyway I hope you find the site useful and make yourself at home! :dance:
Mariya

Postby Budmas » Tue 04.05.2011 7:38 pm

Hi Mariya. No, I'm actually half Vietnamese/Chinese and American. :shock: Yeah... what a mix. I'm one of the old military brats that was lucky enough to live in Okinawa for a while. I miss it a lot. Can't wait to start practicing Japanese with everyone. :D
Buddy
バデイー
Budmas

Postby phreadom » Tue 04.05.2011 8:58 pm

Welcome to TJP budmas-san! :wave:

I notice that you popped in the chat earlier.. sorry it was quiet at the time. Look forward to seeing more of you soon. :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby chikara » Tue 04.05.2011 10:45 pm

TJPへようこそ :wave:

Mariya wrote:... Its quite rare for us to see someone who grew up in Japan looking to learn the language! .....

Not if they grew up on a USA Military Base. I recently met a woman, now in her forties, who spent much of her childhood living on the Misawa Air Base in the Aomori Prefecture and what little Japanese she may have learnt as a child she has long forgotten.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby Budmas » Wed 04.06.2011 5:40 am

chikara wrote:TJPへようこそ :wave:

Mariya wrote:... Its quite rare for us to see someone who grew up in Japan looking to learn the language! .....

Not if they grew up on a USA Military Base. I recently met a woman, now in her forties, who spent much of her childhood living on the Misawa Air Base in the Aomori Prefecture and what little Japanese she may have learnt as a child she has long forgotten.

Yes. That was my exact situation. We lived on Kadena AFB. I knew enough Japanese to get around at the time as I use to loiter off the base :D
Buddy
バデイー
Budmas

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Wed 04.06.2011 9:54 am

TJPへようこそ! We're glad to have you be apart of the family! :D
血まみれ剣術師

Return to Introductions