Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hey... Looking for help&friends

Hey... Looking for help&friends

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hey... Looking for help&friends

Postby Bia-chan » Sat 06.11.2011 8:47 pm

Hajimemashite, Mina-san!

My name is Bianca Leuca, but you may call me Bia-chan. I am 22 years old, and currently very sleepy (it's 4 a.m.), so please forgive me for any typos/grammar errors. I am in love with the Japanese language ever since I have memorized the word "arigatou" from the very first episode of the very first anime I have watched ( Inuyasha ). That was 4 years ago, and since then I have struggled to learn more. I have learned (and forgot) hirangana, katakana and around 40 kanji twice.I totally lack discipline and I hate fixed schedule and routine. I really hope I can fix that, because I realise I cannot keep learning and forgetting forever.
I guess it is useless to emphasize how deeply obsessed I am with everything that is related to Japan, because everyone here is more or less the same. So I'll just skip that, and tell you guys something else about me.
I am from Romania, and a 3rd year student at Polytechnic University of Bucharest,Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers ( it really is as hard as it sounds). As future engineer, it would be my dream come true if I could work in a Japanese-related environment, so I am aiming for fluently speaking Japanese.
I love to dance, read, write and eat chocolate. I love interesting and weird people, happy and warm people, ambitious and enthusiastic ones. I am a people-lover generally speaking, but being extremely lazy, I do not have many friends. I prefer listening to talking, and always have idiotic dreams like saving the world from wars, famine and tears.
Long story short, I want to get to know you, especially because we already have a thing in common: our burning love for Japan.

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!
Bia-chan

Native language: Romanian

Re: Hey... Looking for help&friends

Postby AJBryant » Sat 06.11.2011 11:33 pm

Welcome, Bii-chan! (Hope you don't mind, but a more likely contraction of your name would be "Bii-chan" rather than "Bia-chan".)

Where in Romania are you? I've always wanted to see Brasov, Sighisoara, and Turnu-Severin. (I'm Orthodox, and a medieval history junkie.)

It's good that you already know the kana -- that will give you a good head-start.
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Shiroisan » Sun 06.12.2011 12:21 am

Hey there Bi.

You may be interested to know that surveys show that the majority of Japanese people also prefer listening to speaking, so you'll probably get along great with people there :)

TJP e Youkoso :)
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Postby Bia-chan » Sun 06.12.2011 5:29 pm

@ AJBryant

Thank you so much... I actually like Bii-chan more now. Bia-chan is my actual nickname, my best friend calls me like that. I am from Ramnicu-Valcea, a charming small town, but currently studying in Bucharest. I think it would be great for you to visit my country, it's pretty cool if you keep your (much-needed here in Romania ) sense of humor. Be sure to mail me if you wish to visit, I'll help you in anyway I can.
Also, besides kana (which I have to remember- I'm sure it will be an easy job), I know a great deal of words and phrases in Japanese, being an otaku and all. I think I understand more than a half from an episode without any subtitles. I am really looking forward to learning more.

@Shiroisan

It's great to be here! But won't it be difficult to maintain a conversation with a Nihonjin if both of us are silent? I really need to practice more, in that case. Thank you so much for your warm welcome.
Bia-chan

Native language: Romanian

Return to Introductions