Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hi! Another new face!

Hi! Another new face!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hi! Another new face!

Postby RealJames » Tue 06.14.2011 12:38 pm

Hi everyone, はじめまして!
I'm a Canadian guy whose been living in Japan for 3 years now, Kobe more specifically.

I've been dabbling with Japanese on and off since I got here, my spoken Japanese is about 1000x better than my written Japanese haha.

I owe a big thanks to this website actually, in the "Getting Started" section I was introduce to the Rikaikun plugin which is honestly the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to learning kanji, that and the WWWJDIC app for smartphones which allows for OCR kanji recognition.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to stepping up my game and putting more effort into learning Japanese since I've decided to stay in Japan!

I am an English teacher here, but my background is in computer science, at first I didn't take the job very seriously, just like most English teachers in Japan.
But since I've decided to make a career out of it and stay in Japan, I've been taking it a lot more seriously!

よろしくおねがいします!
ジェームズ
RealJames

Native language: English and French

Re: Hi! Another new face!

Postby phreadom » Tue 06.14.2011 7:07 pm

TJPへようこそ! :D I see you've been a regular over at the Japan Forum for awhile. Nice of you to join our little party as well. :mrgreen:

(I did a little googling on you since I'm wary of people who link paid language tutoring services in their signatures on their first posts... but you seem to be a participating member of the Japanese language learning community for at least several months now so... I felt it was ok.)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby RealJames » Tue 06.14.2011 9:51 pm

phreadom wrote:TJPへようこそ! :D I see you've been a regular over at the Japan Forum for awhile. Nice of you to join our little party as well. :mrgreen:

(I did a little googling on you since I'm wary of people who link paid language tutoring services in their signatures on their first posts... but you seem to be a participating member of the Japanese language learning community for at least several months now so... I felt it was ok.)

Thanks Phreadom!
Yeah I've been on JapanForum for a while and honestly just bumped into this forum randomly, and I'm glad I did!
Are there many members who use both sites? Maybe I know a few faces already :)

And seriously thanks again for this site referring me to the Rikaikun plugin!! I've used it like a hundred times since last night haha ><
RealJames

Native language: English and French

Postby chikara » Wed 06.15.2011 3:16 am

TJPへようこそ :wave:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Thu 06.16.2011 12:02 pm

Welcome to the Japanese page! Glad to have you with us! ;)
血まみれ剣術師

Native language: English

Return to Introductions