Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello everyone!

Postby crimsonv » Fri 06.24.2011 6:48 pm

Hello people, I'm a 19 years old Italian who has always been extremely fascinated by Japan. I could name a hundred reasons, but the reality is that I love almost everything that has to do with that culture. Vacations started a week ago, so I've finally decided to follow my dream, despite everyone around me thinks it's an impossible feat -made exception for my gf, although I think her opinion is biased as she wants to go to Japan and wants a guide :think: -.

My motivation is fairly high and I'm very proud to say that after a week I know a few basic words, but most importantly I can read and write Hiragana characters without looking them up (not fluently, but I can!), and I'm halfway through Katakana...

I want to thank you guys for having created such a great site. I'm not sure I would have been able to start learning Japanese without you, as the other free websites are simply confusing for a beginner like myself. I also want to thank you for pointing out the flaws in the My Japanese Coach for the DS, so now I know when to and when not to listen to it (thankfully I learned the correct stroke order!). Be sure that once I got a firm grasp of the basics, I will support you by buying the genki textbook from the shop :)

I'm looking forward to having a good time with you! Take care and see you in the forums! :wave:
crimsonv

Native language: Italian

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby i3ph-chan » Fri 06.24.2011 7:47 pm

hello, nice to meet you too.
your motivation is amazing, you know!
great!
i3ph-chan

Native language: Bahasa Indonesia

Postby 血まみれ剣術師 » Fri 06.24.2011 9:13 pm

Salvete! Welcome to TJP! We're glad to have you be apart of the family and we hope you'll surely enjoy it here.
血まみれ剣術師

Native language: English

Postby micahcowan » Sat 06.25.2011 3:29 am

Nice to meet you, crimsonv!

I recommend you get as much kana reading practice in as you can, to solidify your memory of the kana as soon as possible. You really want to become very confident, and instantaneous, with your kana recognition, as you'll be needing it quite a bit.

Welcome!
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Postby crimsonv » Thu 06.30.2011 10:11 am

Sorry for the late answer, and thank you very much!

I am indeed working on reading kana right now, I'm still rather slow but improving. I can't wait to get better :wink:
crimsonv

Native language: Italian

Postby chikara » Thu 06.30.2011 11:11 pm

TJPへようこそ  :wave:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Introductions