New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hey

Postby anthropic » Thu 07.07.2011 8:38 am

皆さん、こんにちわ! 
僕わ日本語の初学者。 
日本語わとてもとても悪い。 
だから、僕わフォウラムで書きます。
悪い日本語わ差し許してください。

Anyway, feel free to point out any mistakes(I'm sure there's alot)
anthropic

Native language: English

Re: Hey

Postby micahcowan » Thu 07.07.2011 2:09 pm

Hello, anthropic, and welcome to TJP!

Just a few things to point out about what you wrote in Japanese (which generally strikes me as good). First, when writing "wa" as a particle ("boku wa", "kon'nichi wa", etc), it's written as は (usually typed into an IME as "ha"), not わ).

Also, I don't think 悪い is really used this way, to refer to the "goodness" or "badness" of a skill. I'd suggest you use 下手 or something similar instead.

And for some reason, the phrase フォラム (not フォウラム) で書きます strikes me as a little odd-sounding somehow. I wonder if フォラムに書き込みます or 書き込んでいます might work better.

Hope that helps!
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Postby Ongakuka » Thu 07.07.2011 3:04 pm

Most important point to note is the first one Micahさん made about は (if this particle had been written correctly your Japanese would look miles better, since has he said, it is quite good.)

In the case of こんにちは it is not immediately obvious that it is a particle は from reading romaji (roman letters), certainly if you just learnt the word without understanding the etymology, but fortunately こんにちは and こんばんは are the only two common greetings which use the particle (unless I forgot/missed something.) こんにちわ looks like a kind of misspelling on purpose, kind of like slang I guess. I would avoid it.

フォーラムで少し練習したいです/ 練習してみました or something for an alternative. Welcome to TJP  :dance:
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Postby chikara » Thu 07.07.2011 7:53 pm

TJPへようこそ  :wave:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby micahcowan » Fri 07.08.2011 2:59 am

Oh yeah, I meant to ask (out of curiosity): anthropic, what textbook (or other resource) do you use?
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Postby anthropic » Fri 07.08.2011 6:55 am

Hey thanks for the pointers and welcomes, the はparticle was honestly a typo as I'm not used to typing Japanese.
Anyway, my sentence structuring has lots of problems(the woes of self-studying) due to the fact that I'm currently mainly just memorizing vocab.
That's why I'm trying to expose myself to written Japanese(or typing in this case).

Anyway, I use a combination of materials, Anki's smart.fm 2000 flash card to build up vocab. Rita Lampkin's Japanese Verb and essentials of grammar for conjugations of verbs(I'm really bad at this though), Complete Japanese Adjective Guide by Ann Tarumoto and Basic Kanji Book for well, Kanji. Particles, I tend to just infer what they mean and know only a few は、が、の、へ、で, its hard to figure out when to use what(Even now I'm having trouble with 'wa' and 'ga').
anthropic

Native language: English

Return to Introductions