Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?
Ritz
Native language: English

Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Post by Ritz » Tue 03.22.2011 9:04 pm

This is the program which I began to learn Japanese with. I am posting this, because I believe it works great for Western (and more specifically, American) English speakers interested in learning Japanese without any prior knowledge to the country and culture. Using this program, I learned Japanese at my own pace on my android phone. This program follows the same curriculum most textbooks follow. I'll admit, it's not as nice as a textbook since you can't write stuff down but definitely good for the on-the-go person or the person-who-has-given-up-hopes-on-a-complicated-language-like-Japanese-but-still-wanted-to-learn-it. (I was the latter)

Even if you know a bit of Japanese, please try the program out. I wanna know what experienced Japanese speakers can say about it. I'm still just a beginner. The Human Japanese website has a free look into the program on thier site for internet browsers and you can get it for free on Android/IPhone/ITouch/Windows Phone 7. I hope TJP can add this to the available list of resources for beginners.

• Image Image Image Image Image
Human Japanese is Japanese language learning software that starts at square one and presents the Japanese language in a warm, engaging tone. Packed with over 1800 recordings of vocabulary words and example sentences, an instantly searchable dictionary of vocabulary words and grammar terms, dozens of games and quizzes, and a great text that teaches how the language works, Human Japanese will impress you with its warmth, beauty, and wit.
Official Website: HumanJapanese.com

StarryNeko

Re: Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Post by StarryNeko » Sat 07.02.2011 11:54 am

I had a quick impression of the Human Japanese application and it's pretty impressive relative to the other applications available on the market.

But ...
-It doesn't introduce Kanji until the very end and even so it's only one section.
-It doesn't use dictionary forms.
-The dictionary search is a bit a sub-par.
-No Linux compatibility (even though most of the content is just a web document)!

What I do like is...
-Very "chill" language
-Interactivity

I might be wrong though.

bsb85

Re: Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Post by bsb85 » Mon 07.25.2011 2:43 pm

I've been using it for a little while now on my iPod touch and I have been nothing but satisfied with it. I always end up thumbing through several of the sections during the down moments to reinforce learning of a particularly nagging kana, or to reread some of the cultural tidbits added in.

In my opinion, a great addition to the Japanese-learning app world.