Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Konnichiwa

Postby alinavera » Wed 07.27.2011 8:05 am

Hello there and nice to meet you all.

My name is Alina and I've started learning Japanese (on my own :sweatdrop: ) a few months ago. I'm still at the Hiragana characters but hopefully with a little more effort on my part I will be able to advance at a faster rate.
alinavera

Native language: Romanian

Re: Konnichiwa

Postby Karalyn » Wed 07.27.2011 4:30 pm

Konnichiwa. Nice to meet you. *bows*

I have started learning Japanese on my own as well recently. I am still on my Hiragana,unfortunately,though. :colonthree: :sweatdrop:
Karalyn

Native language: English

Postby micahcowan » Wed 07.27.2011 6:09 pm

Nice to meet both of you. Welcome to TJP!
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Postby Lynndsay.pike » Wed 07.27.2011 7:58 pm

Hi everyone. I also am very new to the language. I am really just starting to make an effort this week to start learning Japanese. I moved to Okinawa, Japan about two weeks ago. Before my flight even reached Tokyo I knew to really enjoy this new enviorment I was going to need to learn the language. I hope using online material I will be ready to take classes soon. My goals are to be able to communicate, as well as read a menu and order food without looking like a silly American ( which is what I do now at a restaurant :( )
Lynndsay.pike

Native language: English (American)

Postby alinavera » Thu 07.28.2011 1:54 am

Thanks for the welcoming

*bows*

Karalyn I'm sure if we both put a little more effort into it we can start working and on the Katakana.
Micahcowan, arigatou ^_^
Lynndsay.pike how is Okinawa? I really want to go to Japan but life tells me first I need to finish university and a few other things before I get the chance to go.

I shall call you all my Japanese nakama. Let's do our best.
alinavera

Postby Lynndsay.pike » Thu 07.28.2011 3:25 am

So far I really enjoy it. I'm not too familiar with the food or culture but I try to experience as much as I can. My husband is in the military, but we live off base which is great. Do you know of any foods that I should try ? (dont eat seafood tho) I have has some kind of soba dish that was good. And if anyone is familiar with okinawa city area, some great restaurant ideas and places to see.

On another note after only a few hours studying the hiragana I was able to recognize a few symbols on my washing machine!! :) I can't wait for the day I can read it.
Lynndsay.pike

Native language: English (American)

Postby alinavera » Thu 07.28.2011 4:51 am

That sounds really nice. I bet you feel like a little child discovering the world all over. :D

I'm sorry but I'm not really good at cooking and I can't help you at that but I'm sure there should be a section around here about Japanese food. Also when you find out what's written on the washing machine please let me know.
alinavera

Postby Karalyn » Sat 07.30.2011 6:45 pm

Yeah alinavera,we need to get on it! :D
Sorry lynndsay,but I dont know how to cook either. XD Im a failure.
Karalyn

Native language: English

Return to Introductions