Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Old returned member

Old returned member

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Old returned member

Postby Pikmeir » Thu 07.28.2011 3:59 pm

I'm not a new member here, I registered over 6 years ago, but I haven't checked here lately at all so I consider myself new again. I'm high-intermediate level and I'm looking for places to practice speaking Japanese, preferrably in a chat setting.
Is there a chat room somewhere specifically for speaking in Japanese? I've found a couple small places for chat, but most of them are either for Japanese people (which is okay, but usually due to the time difference nobody is online) or English speakers that use mostly English.
Anyway I'm here to help also if you need it. I also speak fluent Korean, if that's helpful, though I know this is a Japanese forum.
Cya~
Pikmeir

Re: Old returned member

Postby squarezebra » Thu 07.28.2011 4:45 pm

Hi there, welcome back.
For meeting chat partners, I recommend www.sharedtalk.com
Time difference will ALWAYS be an issue to some extent, but I can usually find some Japanese people about at most times of the day.
Spend less time thinking, and more time doing.
squarezebra

Native language: English

Re: Old returned member

Postby LordOfTheFlies » Fri 07.29.2011 4:50 pm

You could always check out the TJP chat. It's usually pretty quiet but sometimes there's people there who want to chat. You can find it at http://thejapanesepage.com/chat

Otherwise I wouldn't mind speaking Japanese with you using Skype or MSN, I do it with a couple of friends and I think it's a great way to make sure you don't forget Japanese.

Either way, welcome back to TJP!
LordOfTheFlies

Native language: Swedish

Return to Introductions