Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - おはいよう

おはいよう

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

おはいよう

Postby NikonGirl » Thu 08.18.2011 4:22 am

Good Morning everyone!
I stumbled on this site while searching for more learning material :D I don't usually sign up for forums but eventually I am going to need to ask questions and calling my mother after a midnight isn't really something I'd like to try :P Yes, I am half Japanese. My mom is from Okinawa where most of her family still lives. My dad was in the military so we were stationed there when I was younger and I always remembered it as being a place I'd love to live. I've always known a little Japanese and took classes in elementary school. As my homework load grew, Japanese learning was set aside. Now in my 30's I am more determined than ever to finally learn past ひらがな and カタカナ。 It was frustrating to only be able to read the most basic materials and even worse only being able to understand a few words. I have been learning on my own for the past six months and occasionally ask my mom about sentence structure etc. I am very close to having a conversation with her that goes beyond 4 or 5 sentences and I am beyond excited. I guess if I were to classify my current level I would say I am an entry level intermediate. I use a variety of study materials such as Kanji Flashcards from White Rabbit Press, the 日本語 500 books, 日本語 よむよむぶんこ readers and the Kodansha Nakayoshi for reading practice, then of course my "Essential Japanese verbs" book- Its been quite handy. I also started a Japanese journal which has been great. I made it a rule to only write in Japanese so some entries can take awhile :blush: but I can clearly see all my improvements so its a great motivator too!
Well that about sums my learning up. Thanks for letting me share and I look forward to learning with all of you :)

テレサ
テレサ 
Please help me by correcting my errors :)
NikonGirl

Native language: English

Re: おはいよう

Postby micahcowan » Thu 08.18.2011 3:08 pm

Welcome to TJP!
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Re: おはいよう

Postby NikonGirl » Thu 08.18.2011 4:31 pm

Thank you Micahcowan!
テレサ 
Please help me by correcting my errors :)
NikonGirl

Native language: English

Return to Introductions