Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - About the new chat.

About the new chat.

Do you have any comments to tjp.com, good or bad?

About the new chat.

Postby phreadom » Mon 09.05.2011 10:42 pm

Are people having trouble logging in? A few people have said that even though I wrote how to log in (to make sure to add @thejapanesepage.com after your username), that it still might be too complicated. :(

I might try adding some javascript, or support on the backend to have it tack on that part automatically if it's not supplied... if that might make it easier for newbies to join. :)

Any other suggestions are welcome. :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: About the new chat.

Postby tōkai devotee » Tue 09.06.2011 2:04 am

There's a new chat??? :)
Going there now to check it out........ *runs in anticipation*
tōkai devotee

Native language: Australian!

Postby Mystique » Tue 09.06.2011 12:35 pm

I just logged in the chat room without any problem. Though I have not tried everything out, it does look great. A wonderful job done once again...
我が思わぬ、故に我が無し…
Mystique

Postby phreadom » Tue 04.10.2012 5:31 am

phreadom wrote:Are people having trouble logging in? A few people have said that even though I wrote how to log in (to make sure to add @thejapanesepage.com after your username), that it still might be too complicated. :(

I might try adding some javascript, or support on the backend to have it tack on that part automatically if it's not supplied... if that might make it easier for newbies to join. :)

Any other suggestions are welcome. :)

Well, I finally got around to adding this bit.

Now you can login with or without the '@thejapanesepage.com' part... so just your normal username and password like anywhere else on the site will work just fine. :D

Sorry for the delay everyone! I hope this will help make it more convenient for people to log into the web chat and get some more people in there to join in the fun. :) :dance: :bow:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 04.10.2012 9:51 am

I don't think there was anything complicated about it, just that maybe it was a bit too much for non-regulars. I think there was one time where you could just click 'CHAT' and go straight there, but the downside with that was that lots of people could easily pop in (including abusive and spammy people)
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Return to Comments