Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - JLPT N5 WORDS & Kanji question!

JLPT N5 WORDS & Kanji question!

The test - experiences, questions or comments

JLPT N5 WORDS & Kanji question!

Postby lafemme » Thu 09.08.2011 4:43 am

Hello everyone!
I have a stupid question, but I have to ask it anyway)) JLPT N5 Has ~80 Kanji and ~800 Words (somewhere 700,somewhere 900) so Kanji is Kanji, while Words can be written in Hiragana or Kanji.....So....

Is it a MUST to learn all these 800 words EXACTLY with Kanji, or I can learn hiragana ? Cause its strange for me to make a special chapter as Kanji (~80).....

But in JLPT official page I have taken Example of N5 test....and they have a lot of Kanji...but I have to be sure!!! So it will be grateful =)) if somebody will share their knowledge and experience =))

Thanx in advance :D
lafemme

Native language: 露語

Re: JLPT N5 WORDS & Kanji question!

Postby Shiroisan » Fri 09.09.2011 3:00 am

Um you answered your own question?

lafemme wrote:JLPT N5 Has ~80 Kanji and ~800 Words

I really don't understand what you're trying to ask?
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Postby phreadom » Fri 09.09.2011 3:40 am

The 800 words you're learning aren't necessarily the kanji you're learning.

You need to learn the 800 words AND the 80 kanji, and if there is some coincidental overlap, great. :) You only need to learn the vocabulary words by meaning as written in kana, not kanji. The only kanji you need to know are basically the 80 for that level.

There is a little wiggle room on the tests though I think, so it's better to overdo it and learn a little extra just to be sure. ;)

I hope this answers your question? :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby lafemme » Sun 09.11.2011 1:29 pm

Shiroisan I think I have already explained my idea in a good way =))) but my question was about is it a must to learn KANJI for the JLPT N5 Vocabulary =))

phreadom REALLY ?? I`m so GLAD!! :D :) Cause in every page in the internet about JLPT N5 vocabulary they write it in Kana and Kanji, that`s why I was confused =))))

And also I saw the kana meaning in JLPT N5 official checking test! Okay I will overdo =)))

Thank you very very very much for helping me =)))
lafemme

Native language: 露語

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test