Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - I'm an artist, no big deal.

I'm an artist, no big deal.

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

I'm an artist, no big deal.

Postby KharismaticKayteh » Wed 11.16.2011 5:26 am

こんにちは! キャサリンです。 おげんきですか?

Hello, hello~! In case you're a beginner like myself, my name is Kathryn.

I am not *terribly* new to this site, but I have yet to become active on the forums. Actually, to be honest, the only reason I decided I should post on the forum is because I happened upon a forum post someone had trolled terribly, and seeing how well the non-trolls interacted with one another made me decide I should be a part of the community! =3. It also made me grateful that I am not an anime nerd (no hate) -- this will work to my advantage and keep me from misusing the more harsh words only accepted among friends, haha.

Anyway, about myself. I am American. Age doesn't matter in the least to me, but I'm nineteen, so... yeah. I am of course interested in Japanese, but did I really have to tell you that? First and foremost, though, I am an artist. I love to sing, paint, write; I like to do anything creative. I am very passionate about art, and have been employed as a studio photographer for the past six months -- how lucky am I to have my dream job so early in life and without ever having to work fast food before then? xD. I can be painfully drab and sarcastic, but I promise you it is only my hostile sense of humor (though I do tend to lighten up on mere acquaintances, so you're safe -- until we become friends).

I know I've typed a lot, but please please please don't be shy! You can always find something to talk about with me (so long as you try -- I hate messages that say nothing more than "Hi, how are you?"). =D.
KharismaticKayteh

Skype chat: KharismaticKayteh
Native language: English

Re: I'm an artist, no big deal.

Postby hadouken! » Wed 11.16.2011 7:53 am

こんにちはキャサリンさん. おげんきですか

なまえはマイクです. はじめまして

アメリカのどこにすんでいるんですか

私のガールフレンドもがかですけど, どんなえをするんですか

:)
hadouken!

Re: I'm an artist, no big deal.

Postby KharismaticKayteh » Wed 11.16.2011 8:13 am

hadouken! wrote:こんにちはキャサリンさん. おげんきですか

なまえはマイクです. はじめまして

アメリカのどこにすんでいるんですか

私のガールフレンドもがかですけど, どんなえをするんですか

:)

Oh, my. That's all mostly too advanced for me. えっと...

始めまして、マイク。 よろしくお願いします。

Oh, the story is much too long for me to answer in Japanese. xD. My vocabulary and grammar are not yet that far advanced. The shorter version of the long story is that I tried my hand at realism when I was, er... 九歳... and for my age, I was actually pretty good at it, so I pursued it. After so many years and so many art classes, I took up photography as well, and I also became better at that with experience. Really, I would prefer to be working freelance or at one of the locally-owned studios (because, honestly, they have some pretty bad photographers, so I'm sure I could make a positive impact there), but the job I have now is still pretty fun. The only downside is that I'm not just a photographer, but a salesperson, and it's really hard to sell when people keep coming in without "thinking to bring any money" with them.

I love my job, but one day, I hope to be a part-time freelance photographer and full-time housewife. It will be so nice to be my own boss.
KharismaticKayteh

Skype chat: KharismaticKayteh

Return to Introductions