Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - こんにちは!

こんにちは!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

こんにちは!

Postby okn0tok » Wed 11.16.2011 9:17 pm

はじめまして! 
わたしは エミイです。 だいがくの がくせえです。 いま よんえんせえです。 にほんご を べんきょうするです。 わたしは たすけ を ひつよと。 わたしは いっしょ に べんきょ するが いない。 
It took me a long time to write that,  :o haha and I didn't understand the grammar rules very well to complete sentences. I am currently in my 7th week of class and I feel like I am 2 or 3 weeks behind. This is due to not having a study buddy. :)

My goal here is to get myself caught up, and be ready for the next class. I mean well prepared. I am shy and feel ridiculous practicing which is not helping me so I thought I better get online and start practicing. I have certain assignments and I would like to be able to understand them better.

どうも!よろしくお願いします!
さよおなら!
エミイ
okn0tok

Native language: English

Re: こんにちは!

Postby chikara » Thu 11.17.2011 12:12 am

エミイさん、TJPへようこそ  :wave:

okn0tok wrote:はじめまして! 
わたしは エミイです。 だいがくの がくせえです。 いま よんえんせえです。 にほんご を べんきょうするです。 わたしは たすけ を ひつよと。 わたしは いっしょ に べんきょ するが いない。....

Not a bad effort after only 7 weeks.

A few points;
- You shouldn't mix politeness levels. You start off using です, not だ, but end with the plain form いない and not いません.
- Verbs don't take です. べんきょうするです should be べんきょうします. Plain form する -> polite form します.
- Are you trying to say you need help here "わたしは たすけ を ひつよと"? Maybe that sentence should be "わたしは たすけ を ひつよう として います".
- がくせえ should be がくせ (学生) and よんえんせえ should be よんせ (四年生)
- In the last sentence べんきょ should be べんきょう (勉強)
- In the last sentence are you trying to say that you are not studying with anyone?

がんばって :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Thu 11.17.2011 1:46 am

わたしは エミイです。 だいがくの がくせえです。 いま よんえんせえです。 にほんご を べんきょうするです。 わたしは たすけ を ひつよと。 わたしは いっしょ に べんきょ するが いない。 

どうも!よろしくお願いします!
さよおなら!
エミイ

はじめまして!
わたしエミイです。だいがくのがくせいです。いま、よんねんせいです。にほんごをべんきょうしています。わたしにはたすけがひつようです。わたしといっしょうにべんきょうするひとがいません。
どうぞよろしくお願いします!
さようなら!

I'm not a native speaker and my correction might have mistakes in it, but I think that's better.
Be careful of your spelling... while you might have learned with the romanization system that puts a mark over long vowels, it's actually spelled せい in almost every case (がくせい、よんねんせい、など)
Similarly with よう in さようなら.

You also don't need to say わたしearly that much, it's generally understood that the speaker is the one the sentence applies to for statements, and the listener is the one the sentence applies to when the sentence is a question, a request, or uses honorific terms.
I know you're just starting and it's natural for English speakers to over-use the words for 'I'. Just be aware of it and try to break the habit when you can.

I also may have corrected you into things that you simply haven't learned yet... you still have a lot of new expressions to look forward to!

はじめまして、エミイさん。クリスです。こちらこそどうぞよろしくおねがいします。
TJPへようこそ。
では、またあとで。
SomeCallMeChris

Postby KharismaticKayteh » Thu 11.17.2011 2:05 am

Welcome! I understand exactly how you feel -- I'm always too shy to try out my Japanese because I fear I will make some errors, but how else are we to learn but by making errors, right?

Please please please, talk to me any time and perhaps we can study together! I used to keep to my Japanese studies very diligently, but I've just become so busy that I now feel like I'm back at square one.

I wish you luck in your studies and hope to hear from you! またね~!
Last edited by KharismaticKayteh on Thu 11.17.2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KharismaticKayteh

Skype chat: KharismaticKayteh

Postby hadouken! » Thu 11.17.2011 7:14 am

はじめましてokn0tokさん! フォーラムへようこそ.

わたしもしょしんしゃです. いっしょにべんきょう しましょう

:bow:
hadouken!

Postby okn0tok » Fri 11.18.2011 3:56 pm

chikara wrote:エミイさん、TJPへようこそ  :wave:

わたしは エミイです。 だいがくの がくせえです。 いま よんえんせえです。 にほんご を べんきょうするです。 わたしは たすけ を ひつよと。 わたしは いっしょ に べんきょ するが いない。....

Not a bad effort after only 7 weeks.

A few points;
- You shouldn't mix politeness levels. You start off using です, not だ, but end with the plain form いない and not いません.
- Verbs don't take です. べんきょうするです should be べんきょうします. Plain form する -> polite form します.
- Are you trying to say you need help here "わたしは たすけ を ひつよと"? Maybe that sentence should be "わたしは たすけ を ひつよう として います".
- がくせえ should be がくせ (学生) and よんえんせえ should be よんせ (四年生)
- In the last sentence べんきょ should be べんきょう (勉強)
- In the last sentence are you trying to say that you are not studying with anyone?

がんばって :)

ありがとう!
I have much to learn! I am very poor with grammar still. I will take the time to study over this information you have given me. I really appreciate it!
Yes I was trying to say I have no been studying with anyone. :) (other than in class)

SomeCallMeChris wrote:

どうも!よろしくお願いします!
さよおなら!
エミイ

はじめまして!
わたしエミイです。だいがくのがくせいです。いま、よんねんせいです。にほんごをべんきょうしています。わたしにはたすけがひつようです。わたしといっしょうにべんきょうするひとがいません。
どうぞよろしくお願いします!
さようなら!

I'm not a native speaker and my correction might have mistakes in it, but I think that's better.
Be careful of your spelling... while you might have learned with the romanization system that puts a mark over long vowels, it's actually spelled せい in almost every case (がくせい、よんねんせい、など)
Similarly with よう in さようなら.

You also don't need to say わたしearly that much, it's generally understood that the speaker is the one the sentence applies to for statements, and the listener is the one the sentence applies to when the sentence is a question, a request, or uses honorific terms.
I know you're just starting and it's natural for English speakers to over-use the words for 'I'. Just be aware of it and try to break the habit when you can.

I also may have corrected you into things that you simply haven't learned yet... you still have a lot of new expressions to look forward to!

はじめまして、エミイさん。クリスです。こちらこそどうぞよろしくおねがいします。
TJPへようこそ。
では、またあとで。

ありがとう!I have so much to learn still! Thank you for your time and help. I am glad to know I am over using watashi, I felt like I was so it confirms that feeling. I am awful with grammar but will keep studying the rules. Again thank you.

KharismaticKayteh wrote:Welcome! I understand exactly how you feel -- I'm always too shy to try out my Japanese because I fear I will make some errors, but how else are we to learn but by making errors, right?

Please please please, talk to me any time and perhaps we can study together! I used to keep to my Japanese studies very diligently, but I've just become so busy that I now feel like I'm back at square one.

I wish you luck in your studies and hope to hear from you! またね~!

Thank you! I am very shy about trying it and I ALWAYS get it wrong but I think I actually learn from the embarrassment of being incorrect so that I avoid it as much as possible in the future! ;)
I would love to someone to study with! Thank you for the offer!
okn0tok

Return to Introductions