Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - I'll soon know enough Japanese to pass the JLPT N2!

I'll soon know enough Japanese to pass the JLPT N2!

Japanese, general discussion on the language

I'll soon know enough Japanese to pass the JLPT N2!

Postby kentaku_sama » Tue 01.03.2012 7:11 pm

Yeah! I did a practice test for the JLPT n2 and other than alot of vocabulary and grammar I didn't know, I passed most of the questions, surprisingly, I understood almost all the spoken dialogue except the words and grammar I didn't know. Basically, if I learn the remaining grammar and words, I'll be able to pass it because I understand most everything colloquially. :D  

I'm un sure of how to learn the remaining words other than lists. 
kentaku_sama

Native language: English

Re: I'll soon know enough Japanese to pass the JLPT N2!

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 01.03.2012 7:32 pm

That's great! Whilst I'm sure that you know everything you need to in order to pass the exam, I should say that JLPT is the kind of exam that can really throw up any sort of thing provided that it is roughly in the range of ability they expect of the candidate. They generally want you to demonstrate how far you understand what author 'X' is trying to say, which becomes easier if you know more kanji, more grammar, more vocab, but be sure to practice speed reading and searching for the vital information amongst a fray of less useful words, and getting the jist of complex articles. Like I said, I'm sure you'll smash it :D
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Re: I'll soon know enough Japanese to pass the JLPT N2!

Postby kentaku_sama » Tue 01.03.2012 9:26 pm

Yeah, I've seem to have picked up most of the kanji, to be honest I'm guessing their's only about 20 I can't recognize, 40 I need to brush up on reading the On-yomi. I guess that would be quite an accomplishment considering I've never taken a Japanese class in my life, only self study and lots of Japanese music. I've heard people say that the audio on the Jlpt is difficult to listen to because it's kind of muttered but even that audio is better than the way some people in Japan speak.  ^_^     
kentaku_sama

Native language: English

Return to Japanese General Discussion