Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Greetings from Puerto Rico!

Greetings from Puerto Rico!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Greetings from Puerto Rico!

Postby rucury » Tue 01.03.2012 11:01 pm

Hello, everybody! I've been studying Japanese for a whopping 3 days now! I know, pretty pathetic, but I feel very motivated to learn. This seems like a great site to visit while practicing.

I'm currently using Rosetta Stone as my main "tutor"... I've also got some things loaded up on my iPod (flashcards, podcasts and such), my handy notebook (for practicing Hiragana) and of course, TheJapanesePage is also a big help! :D

I have not been having trouble, surprisingly! I know some very basic concepts, as well as some basic words and sentence structures. It's all very fun and exciting.

The reason why I wanted to start learning is simple: Japan gets all the good games months/years before they hit elsewhere! No fair. So I'm going to be focusing on the reading of Hiragana/Katakana for now.

Any general tips would be greatly appreciated, especially in regards to any good movies/anime/manga/books that you can recommend, to further immerse myself in the language.

Thanks, and happy 2012!

さようなら!
I'm a guy... I just love Raynie from Radiant Historia. Haha!
rucury

Native language: Español

Re: Greetings from Puerto Rico!

Postby phreadom » Wed 01.04.2012 1:27 pm

Welcome to TJP! :wave:

I'm sure people will offer advice if you have more specific questions. :) It's a little broad at the moment. ;)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: Greetings from Puerto Rico!

Postby rucury » Wed 01.04.2012 1:56 pm

Woops, sorry! What I meant to say was that I'm looking for... I'll narrow it down to anything written (manga/books) that you would consider appropriate for someone getting into Japanese. Of course, I would have to know how to read Japanese, and I'm getting there! The purpose is to have a goal, i.e. "I'll study all day so I can translate and read page 2!" and so on. It doesn't matter what kind of written material. I like all things. 8)

Thanks for the welcome, せんせい of TJP! ^_^
I'm a guy... I just love Raynie from Radiant Historia. Haha!
rucury

Native language: Español

Return to Introductions