Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kanji iphone app - 'Ninja Words Adventure'

Kanji iphone app - 'Ninja Words Adventure'

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Kanji iphone app - 'Ninja Words Adventure'

Postby TheEnglishKnitter » Sat 02.04.2012 11:42 am

Just for fun and because I am studying in the company of a 2-yr old. I have downloaded an app for my iphone called 'ninja words' by Sazanami. I love it and so does my son. We are slowly learning to recognise lots of basic kanji from a multiple choice selection of 4. It is a recognition game, you wont come out of knowing how to write them but its a great place to start and can be done for 5-10 minutes on the bus etc.
It didn't cost much, a couple of quid. I wasn't keen on the signing up to some social networking thing but it hasn't bugged me about it since the joining so I guess I can getaway with never having to find out what that is. It asked me about buying extra vocab in a message which I just cancelled and it hasn't asked since and I haven't had any messages saying I have been charged loads of extra money since buying the app about 3 weeks ago.
So all in all, I'm happy, its fun and if you are new to kanji too, I think it is an easy place to start.
Oh, and apart from the basic kanji I also know the kanji for fang, blood, attack and a range of other completely useless but fun words.
http://www.snamiapp.com/12_ntan/12_ntan_pc.html
Not the 'ninja words' dictonary which appears to have lots of controversy attached to it, that I just discovered while searching for a link to this app! :)
TEK
TheEnglishKnitter

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips