Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 「共喰い」のせりふを解明してください

「共喰い」のせりふを解明してください

Do you have a translation question?

「共喰い」のせりふを解明してください

Postby HUMBERT » Thu 03.29.2012 3:15 am

Hi,there

I’m reading the novel「共喰い」wrote by 田中慎弥these days. There is a paragraph confused me a lot. 「」の文章は短いが、主役は誰かが判断できないです。

子供の頃からよく知っていたが、今年の春、遠馬は自分が千種の前で、何かしながら何か言っていることに気がついた。あとで確かめてみると、
「あんたは自分の股間、触りたそうに、危ない感じで右手動かして、別れる権利はお前に預けちょくけえ付き合おうや、って言うたんよ。」

1.「あんたは自分の股間、触りたそうに、危ない感じで右手動かして」ここのせりふを言ったのは千種ですか。遠馬は自分の股間を触った感じで右手を動かしたんですか。それとも、実際に遠馬は触っていないが、右手の動かし方が股間に触りたい感じで、千種に危ない(危険?)と言う感じを与えたんですか。「触りた」は「触った」ですか、「触りたい」ですか。
2.「別れる権利はお前に預けちょくけえ付き合おうや」と言ったのは遠馬ですか。
3.「って言うたんよ。」とは「ということを言っていた」ですか。それとも「ということを言いたい。」ですか。

最初に読んだ感じは、千種は遠馬が右手で股間を触ったようにみえると言ったから、遠馬がそんなせりふを利用して「別れる権利はお前に預けちょくけえ付き合おうや」と言ったそうです。でも、どう考えても変な感じです。たぶん、文法が弱いし、良い語感も持ってないから、なかなか理解できない文章になることです。
HUMBERT

Native language: NA

Re: 「共喰い」のせりふを解明してください

Postby NileCat » Thu 03.29.2012 3:49 am

It’s kind of hard to tell by reading only this brief paragraph, though, it sounds to me like this.

Chigusa’s line:

You (Toma) said “why don’t you (Chigusa) go out with me for I’ll give you the right to dump me”. And while you (Toma) were saying that, you seemed being dodgy, like you were wanting to touch your own groin.
(note: This is not a literal translation)

触りたそうに = 触りたい+そうに 
= 触りたいみたいに = 触りたいような感じで

預けちょくけえ sounds 広島弁 dialect or something to me.
= 預けておくから/預けてあげるから

って言うたんよ is used in all the western area.
= と言ったのよ/と言ったんだよ
= と、言ったのですよ

Just my two cents, though. :)

EDIT:
“Dodgy” might not be an appropriate word.
By the word “dangerous”, it means like “in ecstasy”, “in selfish indulgence”, or just “lustful”. Which means, it's "dangerous" after all. :D
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Postby HUMBERT » Thu 03.29.2012 10:05 pm

Hi,NileCat

Thanks for your kindly help. Here I post the context surrounding the target paragraph for your reference. But you still left a puzzle to me from your explanation, it will be appreciate if you could define "who" said the words exactly. Because I got confused by your application of "you" in the translation, so I decompose the target paragraph as follows and see if I got it right.

「"あんたは自分の股間、触りたそうに、危ない感じで右手動かして"Chigusa said、"別れる権利はお前に預けちょくけえ付き合おうや"Toma said、"って言うたんよ"Toma said。」
Here is another problem disturb me. From the context, we already know the following「」was said by Toma, why the author still use "って言うたんよ" within the 「」, or this is not a dialogue in general but a description by which the author wants to emphasis the paragraph. I know this is a "とんでもない質問", just to make sure I didn't misunderstand anything.

千種の両親は早ければ六時前に帰ってくる。誕生日記念のセックスはいつも通りの慌しいものになった。といっても、初めての時みたいに、硬くなった性器に、コンドームを着けるために指を宛がった、その途端に射精してしまうという惨状は、勿論見ずにすんだ。
 子供の頃からよく知っていたが、今年の春、遠馬は自分が千種の前で、何かしながら何か言っていることに気がついた。あとで確かめてみると、
「あんたは自分の股間、触りたそうに、危ない感じで右手動かして、別れる権利はお前に預けちょくけえ付き合おうや、って言うたんよ。」
お互いにとって初めてのセックスは夏休み前の遠馬の誕生日まで取っておこうという約束を、一か月もしないうちに当然破り、最初のうちは数えていたが、今日が何度目だかも、もう分らなくなっていた。
HUMBERT

Postby NileCat » Thu 03.29.2012 10:48 pm

Chigusa said “You said to me that you wanted to go out with me, and while you were saying that, you looked like you were wanting to touch your own groin.”

That's the whole story Chigusa told Toma. And in her speech, she quoted what Toma said in the past. In the novel , it's in direct speech, which is "I want to go out with you" part. And she describes how he looked to her when he said it.

Makes sense? :)

千種 「あんたは自分の股間、触りたそうに、危ない感じで右手動かして、『別れる権利はお前に預けちょくけえ付き合おうや』、って言うたんよ。」
The words in bold were said by Toma. She just quoted (copied) what he said.
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Postby HUMBERT » Fri 03.30.2012 8:54 am

Dear NileCat,

My goodness :shock: ,I just come to the realization that I'd been on the wrong way about the subject in this paragraph :doh: . I can't say thank you enough for your kindly help. :pray:
HUMBERT

Return to Translation Questions or Discussion