Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - family assignment

family assignment

Have a Question about some Grammar point? Share it with the world!

family assignment

Postby reconfigured » Sun 04.15.2012 10:55 pm

Hello :)
For my 102 Japanese class I have an assignment to write a paragraph about my family. Below is what I've written so far. It's suppose to be said as a speech and include certain grammar structures. It's a bit random because I only have the necessary structures and that's about it. If any of you would like to give me some pointers or tell me if anything is completely wrong please do so! Criticism is much welcomed. I hope my Japanese is not too terrible. Oh and I apologize for the half kanji half kana. I only used Kanji I know so far.
ありがとうございます。 :bow:

私の家族は四人です。私の家族は日本語が話さない。父はおかして、やさしいひとです。私と父はテレビを見たことが好きだった。父のかったくるまはふるいです。あたらしい車をほしがっています。母は私よりみじかい。母は料理して、読むのが好きです。母は毎日運動しています。父と母と姉の中で、姉が一番おしゃべりな。姉はコミュニティカレッジの学生で、せんこはコンピュタサイエンスです。私と姉は夏にえいがかんへ行って、レストランへ行きます。
reconfigured

Native language: English

Re: family assignment

Postby yangmuye » Mon 04.16.2012 5:21 am

reconfigured wrote:ありがとうございますよろしくお願いします:bow:
の家族は四人は四人家族です。私の家族は日本語が話さないは話し/は話せません。父はおかしておもしろくて、やさしいひとです。私と父はテレビを見ことるが好きだったです。父のかったくるまはふるいです。は車が古いので、あたらしい車をほしがっています。母は私よりみじかい背が低いです。母は料理して(をするの)と、読むのが好きです。母は毎日運動しています。父と母と姉の中で、姉が一番おしゃべりなしゃべるのが好きです。姉はコミュニティカレッジの学生で、せんこはせんもんコンピュタサイエンスです。私と姉は夏にえいがかんへ行って、レストランへ行きます。

Native speakers please correct my correction. よろしくね。
yangmuye

Native language: Chinese

Postby Ranja » Mon 04.16.2012 10:04 am

reconfigured wrote:
私の家族は四人です。私の家族は日本語話さない。父はおかして、やさしいひとです。私と父はテレビを見ことが好きだった(why past?)。父のかったくるまはふるいです。あたらしい車をほしがっています。母は私よりせがひくい(です)。母は料理(するの)と、読むのが好きです。母は毎日運動しています。父と母と姉の中で、姉が一番おしゃべりです。姉はコミュニティカレッジの学生で、せんこはコンピュサイエンスです。私と姉は夏にえいがかんへ行って、レストランへ行きます。

These are the minimum corrections. But I think this is good enough for the class. :)
Ranja

Native language: Japanese

Postby yangmuye » Mon 04.16.2012 10:19 am

“父はおかしい”“姉はおしゃべり”なんて言い方で、本当に大丈夫かなと心配しています。
yangmuye

Native language: Chinese

Postby reconfigured » Mon 04.16.2012 6:13 pm

Thank you both for the response! :) The corrections were helpful and made sense. I may add some more sentences for length and better flow. I'll make sure to post the revised version soon.
reconfigured

Native language: English

Postby Shiroisan » Mon 04.16.2012 8:13 pm

They corrected most of it, but if you wanted to stick with your father as おかしい, the conjugation would've been おかしくて.

Was there any particular reason you were alternating between short form and long?
Shiroisan

Native language: Eigo

Return to Grammar Questions and Problems