Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Bonjour!

Bonjour!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Bonjour!

Postby レトラーマンティーク » Thu 04.19.2012 2:24 pm

Hello all,

私のなまえは Marie-Ève!

After years of enjoying various Japanese shows, I've finally decided to learn the language. I've been studying for over a month and can read hiragana and katakana perfectly now, but no kanji. Right now I just picked up Pokémon HeartGold in Japanese (kana-only yay!) in order to learn the language; after all, it's with such video games that I learned English as a French child!

While I play I sometimes stumble upon words or group of words that no matter how hard I try to look for their meaning, I fail. In order to decipher those, I've come to you! I just can't stand not understanding something. I look forward to learn here among you :)

Thank you!
For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously. - Anna Sui
レトラーマンティーク

Native language: French

Re: Bonjour!

Postby phreadom » Fri 04.20.2012 5:04 am

TJPへようこそ! (Welcome to TJP Marie-Ève-san!) :wave:

Having all the kana learned is a great start! :D Keep at it!
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby レトラーマンティーク » Fri 04.20.2012 9:24 am

ありがとうございます!
For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously. - Anna Sui
レトラーマンティーク

Postby SakeIt2Me » Fri 04.20.2012 12:06 pm

ようこそ!  わたしわフランスがだいすきです。。。
はじめまして。
Maybe I will meet you one day, maybe Wednesday, maybe not...not
SakeIt2Me

Native language: English

Postby レトラーマンティーク » Fri 04.20.2012 2:23 pm

Are you saying you like France? The part that confuses me is the "dai" after France ga and before suki desu. What is the dai for?

That said I am not from France,
Spoiler:
I am from their ex Nouvelle-France colony in Canada(the English stole our land a few centuries ago and then we became Canada before they went and colonized the western lands.), therefore although my native language is French, I am no French. The nationality is Québécoise, or "French-Canadian" although I don't like that term :3
レトラーマンティーク

Postby SakeIt2Me » Fri 04.20.2012 2:45 pm

:) Yes, I'm saying I love France. That's why suki becomes daisuki, if I have that right.
Please pardon my wrong assumption! :lol Je suis canadien aussi, je sais l'histoire du Quebec. :D
Believe it or not, my french used to be better...
Welcome from another Cdn gal!
Maybe I will meet you one day, maybe Wednesday, maybe not...not
SakeIt2Me

Native language: English

Postby レトラーマンティーク » Fri 04.20.2012 3:24 pm

Ha ha ha, great! And oh, daisuki, now it makes sense. I have a hard time situating the end and beginning of words :(
レトラーマンティーク

Return to Introductions