Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hi ! :)

Hi ! :)

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hi ! :)

Postby Brooklyn » Tue 06.05.2012 8:26 pm

Hello, or as I would say in my native language : "Bonjour ou bonsoir !" :P

私の名前 Jordan です。 As some of you could have guess, I'm French and I also live in France. I recently started to learn seriously the Japanese and I give my best to work it (even if I've my exams, the Baccalauréat, in few weeks ; but when I try revising, I get back into drawings or the Japanese lessons !). I'm 17, but I will pass my 18 years in the following month (24th of July) and I'm full of hope for my future. Then, I chose to link my studies with the Japanese (and I'll have to manage many things about it :P), but I have time to become better before this will get urgent. ^^

As a child who grew up in the manga's and anime's culture, I can't deny the fact that the Japanese language (and country) became a sort of dream that gave me will and ambitions to go further. I first started to retain words in romaji by seeing animes or by listening to songs in japanese a long time ago. I don't know if my english is bad or good, it's partially an english taught in school so it may be kind of weird. I learnd Spanish too, a little, but I lost my interests for this language progressively and now I'm not able to speak a single sentence of it.

I'm someone who spends a lot of time on computer, for not saying all my time outside of school ; when I discovered this site, I had stars in my eyes. I can just enjoy it and thank you a lot for your work, as it's a fantastic place where it's quite easy to learn (if you give the efforts) and it works very well (I looked at some books, in French indeed, for learn Japanese and this was very expansive O_O, and not as efficient).

Well, what can I add ? I live in a region in France where it rains everyday ! Just kidding... it just rains 364 days on 365, we're so lucky ! I like to spend my time at reading books (manga but also fantasy ones), coding sites, draw, graph' on photoshop and write stories on forums (Role Play in French obviously), especially on manga themes.

And so, my dream is to make one year of studies in Japan, maybe more, maybe stay (as I'm determinated, I know I can do it) ! xD I hope that I will meet a lot of nice people here, it's my first experience on an english forum (if we can say that).

ありがとうございます ! :)

Post Scriptum : And sorry for the potential mistakes T.T Believe me that I didn't try to hurt voluntary your language or anything like that. ^^' (I must look ridiculous xD)
Brooklyn

Native language: French (フランス語、仏語)

Re: Hi ! :)

Postby clay » Wed 06.06.2012 9:57 am

Welcome! Your English is great and I'm glad you joined.

>>when I discovered this site, I had stars in my eyes

That made my day. :D

Let me know if you have any suggestions for content.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby Brooklyn » Wed 06.06.2012 3:40 pm

Thanks ! To begin with, I'll try to be present on the Chat as far as possible :D, I think it's the easier place for contacting people and have lot of fun !

And for the moment, I am totally pleased, so I will continue in the way to learn and learn until I'll have to read the interesting topics posted here, on the forum.

PS : I love the mnemotechnics and don't have difficulties to understand them, but as I'm French sometimes it's difficult because we don't spell "A" like in English (looks like "ei") for example, but quite exactly like in Japanese (yes it can be an advantage as far as an inconvenient ^^).
I wonder if there is a topic with different mnemotechnics in various languages, I'll look for that.
Brooklyn

Postby clay » Fri 06.08.2012 6:48 pm

I'm pretty shy so you can count the number of times I've been in the chat on one hand! But it can be a great place to get instant feedback and share with others who are also learning Japanese.

Have you learned hiragana yet? http://thejapanesepage.com/hiragana
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby Brooklyn » Fri 06.08.2012 7:44 pm

I began learning Hiragana two weeks ago on Friday evening, and I did everyday between 30 minutes and more than one hour working. There, I am at the last chapter, but I have to memorise some of the last hiragana (like ら れ り ろ る そして the "m" ones), but any difficulty with the ten-ten that makes the hiragana sounding as "ga", "za" etc., because it looks logic.

First, on a sheet of paper I usually exercise my writing of the Hiragana (two lines of each one, one chapter per day), then I make a dictionnary with all the words written in hiragana (and for the ones that I already know, Kanji behind) that figure in the lessons and learn them (I mostly do this in school when I'm bored xD). After my exams, I'll began the Katakana and then, the Kanji (AMAGAD I'm so scared ! xDDD).

Furthermore, I listen to J-Pop, J-Rock and more Vocaloid products (but Vocaloid can do both), and I try singing (well, my family got used to it and doesn't laugh at me anymore because I learn Japanese, but this doesn't change that I sing very bad) with the same accent when I'm listening. The "r" and "l" pronunciations don't bother me, but I try to now guess the composition of the words (in romaji) in the songs.

P.S. : I've just three fingers on each hand, will this be enough ? *joke*
Brooklyn

Return to Introductions