View topic - Troubling particle in this sentence
"今回は、この街を住んで、この街が好きになった、そんな人がきっと現れるのではないかと感じた、「Casa de kei 成増」です。"
This is probably something simple that I'm over thinking, but when using the verb 住む I've never seen を used with it before. My only guess is perhaps it has to do with the literary style or a desire add emphasis. Any thoughts?
- Posts: 124
- Joined: Wed 06.07.2006 11:54 am
Using を instead of に gives us some kind of impression of "to live eagerly/aggressively there" (close to 住みこなす).
It sometimes appears in a catch-phrase or something.
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Wed 11.05.2008 5:40 am
- Native language: Japanese
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: Thu 01.10.2008 9:20 pm
- Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)
- Gender: Male
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests