Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese virtual reality

Japanese virtual reality

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Japanese virtual reality

Postby Chikokishi » Fri 11.09.2012 4:40 pm

I was curious if anyone knew of a Japanese virtual reality game? I mean, everyone knows that the best way to learn Japanese is to go to Japan. But since computers are getting so great, is there a program out there where you simply try to live in japan? With spoken dialog instead of written? I want to practice interactions... trying to read signs.. navigating around town... etc. I have attempted to go into street view of google earth and find my way around, but the images and picture jumps make it a little difficult to do. Plus without sounds its very...not immersing.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas i would live to hear them. I do not wish to hear about rosetta stone, tell me more, or the like. I have not enjoyed these programs... =(

Thanks!
Chiko
Chikokishi

Native language: English

Re: Japanese virtual reality

Postby aru303 » Fri 11.09.2012 5:01 pm

hmmm, Playstation@ Home (on ps3) . What comes first to my mind. On japanese server. :think: wondering if second life has japanese server
aru303

Native language: Lithuanian, Russian

Re: Japanese virtual reality

Postby Chikokishi » Sat 11.10.2012 2:59 pm

Second life has japanese sections, but i didnt see/ dont know of any japanese being spoken. I added a japanese voice file to my skyrim game.. but thats only partially helpful since they are mostly talking about dragons... lol. Im also trying Meet-me, which isnt spoken. I was hoping for a grand theft auto type game (sans shooting everyone) in tokyo or the likes. Hopefully someone knows of something!
Chikokishi

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips