Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - "request entity too large"?

"request entity too large"?

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

"request entity too large"?

Postby SakeIt2Me » Mon 12.31.2012 1:07 pm

I just typed up a great big long book review, clicked preview, and ended up with a page reading "request entity too large".

Previous to that, I ended up on that page after attempting to attach a picture which I assume was too big.

Where are the maximum file size guidelines for attachments, and also how could a text post be too large? Help!

(and of course, I hadn't saved all that typing :evil: )

EDIT: Okay, I found out finally that the size of attachements is 256kb. It took several tries of resizing things for it to even get to the "file size is too large, please do 256kb" line.
Would it possible to add this to the FAQ? That would be very helpful for forum newbies such as myself who don't use forums too often. Thanks :)
Maybe I will meet you one day, maybe Wednesday, maybe not...not
SakeIt2Me

Native language: English

Re: "request entity too large"?

Postby phreadom » Mon 12.31.2012 2:49 pm

I'll have to look...

The image size was set to 256kB, so I upped it to 1MB.

The post submission one is likely specific to PHP itself, so I'll have to log into the server itself and poke around in the configs... but it's the first time I've heard of that happening. :/

EDIT: I've also upped the max body size to 10MB in the nginx cfg... so hopefully that will solve the other problem. I'm not sure what the limit was on it before, like I said, I've never seen that error before and I've submitted some pretty large posts with images attached. :/
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: "request entity too large"?

Postby SakeIt2Me » Mon 12.31.2012 3:05 pm

Ok, thanks Phreadom. I'll make my next picture attachment much bigger to show my appreciation :)
Maybe I will meet you one day, maybe Wednesday, maybe not...not
SakeIt2Me

Native language: English

Return to Problems